How exactly do you install downloaded Wii U games (.wux files) on a hacked Wii U that has Tiramisu on it?

MisterHouseNV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Sorry for asking this, but I watched several videos about this on Youtube but everytime they either just installed Tiramisu in the video and didn't lose a single word about how to install downloaded games (what exactly is point of hacking your system then?) or talked secretively nonsense like how it let's you play the games you already physically own as a 'back up' from a external device( let's face it: NO ONE goes through all the effort for just that).

Other videos and tutorials mention several programs I have to use but they never once said anything about .wux files (which is what you get when you download a 'rom' of a game you'd like to install). It's mainly .wud and .app

I know the whole 'It's illegal' and 'Copyright reasons' spiel bla bla bla but because of this I haven't found a single video or tutorial that let's me do exactly what I need and which a non-genius person like me could instantly understand and follow. The more time I spend on this whole topic, the more confused I just get.

So can someone please explain to me (or link a proper guide) how I 'm able play these .wux files on my Wii U? I complete ran out of ideas right now.

Thanks in Advance

Greetings

Last edited by MisterHouseNV,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what exactly is point of hacking your system then?
Homebrews?

let's face it: NO ONE goes through all the effort for just that
Almost everyone backups the own discs to save the originals from scratches and other wear issues... You really should stop to think everyone is like you.

they never once said anything about .wux files (which is what you get when you download a 'rom' of a game you'd like to install). It's mainly .wud and .app
I never heard about wux before and I think I'm deep into the scene (see my signature). Wii U "roms" are a title.tik, a title.mtd, a title.cert and a bunch of .app and .h3 files. So when you choose to use some exotic fomat instead of the official: Why not ask the ones you got these files from?

//EDIT:
I haven't found a single video or tutorial that let's me do exactly what I need and which a non-genius person like me could instantly understand and follow.
Most likely you can't find howtos cause nobody uses this exotic format. Look at official formats and you'll find a ton:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a diagram somewhere with all the different formats, think wux is related to wud, but I've never encountered one.

MisterHouseNV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Yeah, you're supposed to 'unzip' it to .wud or something, but I couldn't even use the tool for it on PC, I'm assuming it's supposed to be run on the WII U... Just gonna get different file types then I guess...

krinic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
hello good, I also have the same query, many recommend downloading games from usb helper or nussplit, but the game I want can't be found in these programs, search wiiu roms in google and when downloading the game it is downloaded in .wux format , I understand that there are programs to convert it to .app and be able to install it using wupinstaller, but I can't get such tools as jwudtools or fuse-wiiu to work

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well people back up their games as in download them from piracy sites but they actually have them also people jailbreak for many reasons lol

MisterHouseNV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
You can download games from wii u usb helper and install them with wup installer.

You can download games from wii u usb helper and install them with wup installer.

I'm trying this program out right now and it seems promising so far. But there's one thing I don't seem to understand:

You copy the downloaded games from the Wii U USB Helper to a SD card (why isn't it called Wii U SD Card helper then:unsure:) and according to a tutorial I read Wup installer installs these game to 'my Wii U'. But what does this mean exactly? My Wii U has only 32 gb of space, so I can only install a few of these game before I'm out of space. Is this really how it works or do you actually play the games FROM the SD Card?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying this program out right now and it seems promising so far. But there's one thing I don't seem to understand:

You copy the downloaded games from the Wii U USB Helper to a SD card (why isn't it called Wii U SD Card helper then:unsure:) and according to a tutorial I read Wup installer installs these game to 'my Wii U'. But what does this mean exactly? My Wii U has only 32 gb of space, so I can only install a few of these game before I'm out of space. Is this really how it works or do you actually play the games FROM the SD Card?

You use a HDD with the Wii U, get a Y cable also.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wup installer installs these game to 'my Wii U'. But what does this mean exactly?
It meas it won't install it to your neighbours Wii U. No, seriously, it's probably just badly worded. WUP Installer is able to install to NAND (Wii Us internal memory) and USB.

Can I use an USB stick or the SD card instead temporarily?
Yes to the stick. For SD you would need a USB adapter and a second SD card. You don't want to do this for long through as the Wii U will wear the stick/SD out pretty fast.

P.S. Make sure to have a look at NUSspli, too. Again shameless self advertising but it's basically USB Download Helper, WUP Installer and more all in one tool. It also helps in case you're using a small SD card as it's able to download to / install from USB and NAND, too.
success.jpg

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I have the same opinion. i haven't applied tiramisu yet. have you installed it yet? if you have applied, can you send a link to a youtube video?
Just use wup wup is less storage and easier to do just YouTube how to install WUP on jailbreak Wii u and use USB helper

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I have the same opinion. i haven't applied tiramisu yet. have you installed it yet? if you have applied, can you send a link to a youtube video?
the tutorial is on that cafe site iirc. look in the tiramisu thread to find it. it's a written tutorial and very easy to follow, just remember to power off the wii u when it tells you to or certain things will not work, because tiramisu is still in memory.

gececi60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
the tutorial is on that cafe site iirc. look in the tiramisu thread to find it. it's a written tutorial and very easy to follow, just remember to power off the wii u when it tells you to or certain things will not work, because tiramisu is still in memory.
is there any risk of installing tiramisu? so will I damage my device

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8