Hacking How long should the first boot into SNEEK take?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
5-10 minutes. For the first boot, don't use renaming tools like nswitch or switch2uneek, instead manually rename the bootmiineek folder on sd (or equivalent) to bootmii, then start bootmii from the hbc or priiloader. This will ensure it is actually trying to boot the files and isn't getting hung up by not being able to rename folders first

Eridior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5-10 minutes. For the first boot, don't use renaming tools like nswitch or switch2uneek, instead manually rename the bootmiineek folder on sd (or equivalent) to bootmii, then start bootmii from the hbc or priiloader. This will ensure it is actually trying to boot the files and isn't getting hung up by not being able to rename folders first
Okay I did the manual rename and when I launch bootmii fron hbc or priiloder it gets stuck at black screen.
edit: and this link in ModMii no longer works. tinyurl.com/sneek-di
Double edit: I feel I should make it clear that I don't have the sd card in anymore.

Last edited by Eridior,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks, I think I fixed that link already for the next update, but I made a note to double check.

So unless u are launching via usbloader gx, the sd card is required. If you try starting "bootmii" without an SD card it should return you to the system menu iirc.

But getting stuck on a blackscreen with the appropriate folder structure means its trying to load / expand files for first boot. If u wait a long time, like more than 10-15 min tops and it still doesn't load then I would try a different nand instead of the one built by modmii, try your extracted nand.bin or dumping it using GX. There are some tweaks that can be made to a modmii generated nand to get it more likely to load (whatever is noted on screen), but personally I have never had to make adjustments to make modmii emunands work.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Tried to build a SNEEK+DI using ModMii but i can only get this far. Is it booting the emuNAND or what it doing? Waited but nothing happens . Thanks and happy new year . Make Wii great again !

Attachments

• casperr.jpeg
    casperr.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 33

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it takes longer on first boot, but how long it takes really depends on how much is on the emunand. if it's a lot, it could take minutes.

Reactions: CoolMe

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, i'm using the AW , first time i'm doing it, that's why i don't know if that screen is loading the emuNAND or i didn't even get there . The Wii was clean, nothing on it . I was an experiment which failed, i modded it the classic way eventually .

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the nand folders need to be on the root of the drive for normal neek. neek2o can have them in folders. how are your folders situated?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, not sure why you're using Casper.. after setting up Sneek/Uneek you just put the files on sd or usb drive, then launch neek2o channel from the HBC. It will take 30 to a 1min the first time, bit after that it'll boot much faster..

Reactions: godreborn

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes if the wii is modified no need to use the absitence wizard and casper

Set up neek and emunand using modmii, then rename your bootmiineek folder to bootmii and launch "bootmii" using the hbc or priiloader or whatever, this way you can test neek before introducing launcher tools like nswitch or switch2uneek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z