Hacking How long should the first boot into SNEEK take?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
5-10 minutes. For the first boot, don't use renaming tools like nswitch or switch2uneek, instead manually rename the bootmiineek folder on sd (or equivalent) to bootmii, then start bootmii from the hbc or priiloader. This will ensure it is actually trying to boot the files and isn't getting hung up by not being able to rename folders first

Eridior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5-10 minutes. For the first boot, don't use renaming tools like nswitch or switch2uneek, instead manually rename the bootmiineek folder on sd (or equivalent) to bootmii, then start bootmii from the hbc or priiloader. This will ensure it is actually trying to boot the files and isn't getting hung up by not being able to rename folders first
Okay I did the manual rename and when I launch bootmii fron hbc or priiloder it gets stuck at black screen.
edit: and this link in ModMii no longer works. tinyurl.com/sneek-di
Double edit: I feel I should make it clear that I don't have the sd card in anymore.

Last edited by Eridior,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks, I think I fixed that link already for the next update, but I made a note to double check.

So unless u are launching via usbloader gx, the sd card is required. If you try starting "bootmii" without an SD card it should return you to the system menu iirc.

But getting stuck on a blackscreen with the appropriate folder structure means its trying to load / expand files for first boot. If u wait a long time, like more than 10-15 min tops and it still doesn't load then I would try a different nand instead of the one built by modmii, try your extracted nand.bin or dumping it using GX. There are some tweaks that can be made to a modmii generated nand to get it more likely to load (whatever is noted on screen), but personally I have never had to make adjustments to make modmii emunands work.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Tried to build a SNEEK+DI using ModMii but i can only get this far. Is it booting the emuNAND or what it doing? Waited but nothing happens . Thanks and happy new year . Make Wii great again !

Attachments

• casperr.jpeg
    casperr.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 33

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it takes longer on first boot, but how long it takes really depends on how much is on the emunand. if it's a lot, it could take minutes.

Reactions: CoolMe

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, i'm using the AW , first time i'm doing it, that's why i don't know if that screen is loading the emuNAND or i didn't even get there . The Wii was clean, nothing on it . I was an experiment which failed, i modded it the classic way eventually .

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the nand folders need to be on the root of the drive for normal neek. neek2o can have them in folders. how are your folders situated?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, not sure why you're using Casper.. after setting up Sneek/Uneek you just put the files on sd or usb drive, then launch neek2o channel from the HBC. It will take 30 to a 1min the first time, bit after that it'll boot much faster..

Reactions: godreborn

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes if the wii is modified no need to use the absitence wizard and casper

Set up neek and emunand using modmii, then rename your bootmiineek folder to bootmii and launch "bootmii" using the hbc or priiloader or whatever, this way you can test neek before introducing launcher tools like nswitch or switch2uneek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, I'm your friend