How much money do you spend on fashion and what is your opinion on fashion?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,059
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 1

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think spending $50 or even $200 for clothing and accessories is expensive, that is nothing compared to a pair of CHANEL with full snake embellishment pumps.
25ouf80.jpg

It is practically right up their in the class of the Christian Louboutin booties, in terms of price.
Crazy pricing for crazy people^_^ or for people where money is of no concern:glare:.

Last edited by RandomUser,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just wear what's comfortable, couldn't care less about fashion or whatever. After all, "fashion" nowadays for guys here would be wearing jackets in the scorching sun, not gonna have that shit:P Also, I'd NEVER buy a piece of clothing that costs more than 15-20€ and will even haggle over how much I have to pay (because that's a thing here for stuff like clothes/shoes and shop owners often pump up prices because they know it will happen), often resulting in prices like of around 5€ for shirts, 8-9€ for shorts and 12-14€ for long pants. What's more is that unlike the flimsy "brand" clothing you can find for 50+€, these cheap ones ACTUALLY last a very long time with hardly any deterioration. For example, I have some shirts that are almost 6 years old and they still look brand new! Really goes to show how fashion and brands are just a waste of money. ONLY thing I'll pay around 50-65€ for (but no more than that) is shoes and I like buying some ultra durable hiking boots which can last me for years (only really bother having one pair).

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, I'd NEVER buy a piece of clothing that costs more than 15-20€ and will even haggle over how much I have to pay (because that's a thing here for stuff like clothes/shoes and shop owners often pump up prices because they know it will happen), often resulting in prices like of around 5€ for shirts, 8-9€ for shorts and 12-14€ for long pants.
Damn, clothes must be really cheap where you live.
Here, even if I go looking around for a long time, it is really hard to find even the worse cheaper possible Jeans for less than 30€... Well, sometimes they go for 20€, but they aren't good anyway (and yet I buy them).

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wear what's comfortable, couldn't care less about fashion or whatever. After all, "fashion" nowadays for guys here would be wearing jackets in the scorching sun, not gonna have that shit:P Also, I'd NEVER buy a piece of clothing that costs more than 15-20€ and will even haggle over how much I have to pay (because that's a thing here for stuff like clothes/shoes and shop owners often pump up prices because they know it will happen), often resulting in prices like of around 5€ for shirts, 8-9€ for shorts and 12-14€ for long pants. What's more is that unlike the flimsy "brand" clothing you can find for 50+€, these cheap ones ACTUALLY last a very long time with hardly any deterioration. For example, I have some shirts that are almost 6 years old and they still look brand new! Really goes to show how fashion and brands are just a waste of money. ONLY thing I'll pay around 50-65€ for (but no more than that) is shoes and I like buying some ultra durable hiking boots which can last me for years (only really bother having one pair).
A pair of Wal-Mart Brahma boot seems to last for 2 to 3 years which I think is not bad for $40 or $50.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Damn, clothes must be really cheap where you live.
Here, even if I go looking around for a long time, it is really hard to find even the worse cheaper possible Jeans for less than 30€... Well, sometimes they go for 20€, but they aren't good anyway (and yet I buy them).
Here, there are two types of places for clothes. Small stores with really cheap clothes or big ones with expensive ones. The cheap stuff is harder to find, but they are always there. Jeans are still a bit pricey though, at around 40€ for average ones or 80€ for those really durable ones that can last you for up to 10 years just fine.

A pair of Wal-Mart Brahma boot seems to last for 2 to 3 years which I think is not bad for $40 or $50.
The ones I get last that long too, don't know if the Wal-Mart ones are any good, but they ones I get are always top-notch.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fashion is one of the most successful scams to ever have existed. The idea that a brand name alone carries so much weight to some people is hilarious. But I think the best thing about fashion is that 99% of the world couldn't care less about it. Thus your fashion statement typically goes either unnoticed or if you're a dork shaving half your head, you stand out like a complete idiot. I'm pretty sure that half shaved head style was actually originally featured in mental wards.

I'm perfectly happy spending more on a product when it means higher quality. I used to get shitty $40 pairs of shoes and they've disintegrate in weeks to months, then I got a $200 pair of shoes and they lasted me 2+ years.
Often times buying in-fashion does not really equate to any real or significant increase in quality. It doesn't have to, the brand has a bunch of Beyonce selfies selling it like hotcakes.

I do also enjoy that when you denounce fashion, most who follow it religiously go on the defensive because they desperately have to try and justify why they just paid a 30x markup on a shitty purse or pair of jeans that doesn't look any different or better than something from a "lesser" brand.

Reactions: DarthDub and x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy shirts for $20 max

Pants $40

Shoes I go for ~$100

I don't go for brand. I buy clothes that look suitable for me.

Been buying these Dutch shoes "bull boxer" lately, and I am pleased.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my shirts cost $9.99 each, jeans $19.99 each, socks 3 pair for $20, the one place that got me is shoes i buy every single pair of converse i think looks cool thankfully most of them are rather cheap $40-$60 but i do have a few pairs that were $125-200 but i don't know if that's fashion so much as me just buying stuff i like.

Reactions: x65943

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm female and I don't splash out on clothes.

My fancy clothing is for work - mostly semi-formal stuff. I have a little black dress and a camisole for a wedding coming up. (Urgh.) I also have a "fancy" suit and tie. I plan to get more men's wear designed for women.

My "off" days are spent in graphic tees and sweatshirts. Most of these are bought at Walmart and the like. My jeans are from Walmart (although this will change, as I hate the quality of fabric they use...)

The most spendy I'd get with fashion is purses. I'm probably going to splash out on a "designer" handbag soon - but $200 Canadian is my limit. I'm not spending $5000 on a damn purse.

I was a big fan of Converse, but they must have changed their branding/marketing because the shoe designs no longer fit my wider feet. They suck. I've been wearing $20 sneakers from Costco...

Last edited by astrangeone,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I buy all my clothes from the salvation army. It's better to spend your money on gear like footwear and coats that protect you from the environment.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy all my clothes from the salvation army. It's better to spend your money on gear like footwear and coats that protect you from the environment.

I used to shop exclusively at goodwill myself - but kind of transitioned out of it because it's more convenient to buy new.

I don't like having to go through like 30 pairs of pants to find one that's my size. W30L32 can be hard to come by.

Reactions: Fugelmir

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
A lot of clothing is made by slave workers in 3rd world countries and that gives us our low prices. And if it wasn’t for them our clothing will be a lot more expensive.

But I don’t spend a lot of money on clothing. And I buy occasionally. I get whats comfortable. I do care if it looks decent, but I don’t take it to the extreme. It more of, does it fit good and comfortably, not too big or small, and does it look decent. That’s it. I don’t care too much about fashion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel