Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once a gamer, always a gamer I guess. I play games, collect games & gaming related material (books, trading cards, comics), talk about games..really, if I didn't have gaming there would be a gaping hole in my life I'm not sure I'd be able to fill with something else.

19, and I agree with what Qrayzie said.

If I didn't have games, I don't really know what I'd be doing right now.

Been a gamer since I didn't even walk. (I stole the controller from my big bro when he went to the bathroom and played Mario
biggrin.gif
)

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I still play games because games are still fun and engaging - and even if they stop being fun and engaging, all of the games from our past are still out there and can still be played via emulation on tons of different devices. Once a gamer, always a gamer I guess. I play games, collect games & gaming related material (books, trading cards, comics), talk about games..really, if I didn't have gaming there would be a gaping hole in my life I'm not sure I'd be able to fill with something else.

Great post, I think if anybody is into gaming enough to be using flashcarts and such, then this post would apply to them as well.

I'm 17 and the reason that I got into gaming is because my parents were against TV, movies and music (and I still am). So gaming is pretty much the only way to pass my time....

Started off with an NES, then a Genesis, SNES, Game Gear, 3D0, N64, PSX, GBC, GameCube, GBA SP, XBOX, NDS. I've also had a PC pretty much all throughout, bu the gsaming dropped off on it in the past year or two.

Don't usually get that many games though, since I can't afford them. You can't a job in this country unless its a 'real' one....i.e. you pretty much have to have a degree of some kind. That means for any game related purchase, I pretty much have to convince my parents that it is worth the money. This makes one time expenses like flashcarts/modchips a lot easier to get then games.

I'm a sophomore in Electrical Engineering, hoping to get a job in the games industry but am keeping my options open.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So i guess i try to avoid playing that much while he is not sleeping, besides there are important things to do he needs to reach his personal development.
Im a huge videogame adict but i intend to show him that life isn't only videogames,
sometimes we need to unplug the power and focus on our own life important matters.
And to be honest i think that it is harder today (lots of gaming stuff to get lost, internet, and so on)
what i really mean as an advice to all gamers is...
Gaming is good, but we need always to have one foot on safe land of reality.
O.K im a video gaming adicted but in a good sense (like power on is good but it is very important to power off)
my 2 cents exposed guys ...
what about yours???

Totally agree on that:

I'll let them play, but like i said V-Smile, the only have educational games, (sometimes when i play when the are awake i let them race against me (i never show them voilent games)

But there are more important stuff in life, my kids more like to go to the woods to go ride some bike and play, i can only support them in playing outside with other kids, that's the basic of learning how to play, and how to play in a fair way.

Weekends are for family (except when nobody has planned anything or the kids just want to stay home) (ok evenings when everybody sleeps i use my time on the internet or play a fast game before going to sleep)

When i'm playing or behind my pc and my kids ask me to go out, i'll put all down and go play with them outside or inside the house with there toys, i don't need 5 minutes to think about it, even if that means to play a whole level again or pass a difficult part in the game and no save place around.

My kids are everything and those come first place!

(this doesn't mean i act the same when my wife asks to go shopping
biggrin.gif
, then i preffer to play out the level or play till a save spot
wink.gif
)

haohmaru6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
31 here.
First console was Atari 2600. First computer was Apple ][+.
Never stopped playing. Ever. (Much to the chagrin of my wife...)
It's rough sometimes when the wife looks at your passion like a kiddy thing. Fortunately my 2-soon-to-be-3 year old likes it. I got one of those Jakks TV plug in games for my wife, and my son plays it like a billion times more than her. For a 2 year old he sure can play a mean Pole Position...
biggrin.gif

I have an absurd amount of consoles, computers, and games. The latest is a Gamecube, which is good enough for me right now... I usually wait at least a year before getting newer consoles. The Wii looks tempting.

I'm looking to be a developer, definitely not of the type that "Oh well who cares if it's not fun, it'll make money..." I've been quoted before as saying that video and computer games are an art form. Like any good art you can't just throw it together and expect people to pay money for it.

Video games are in your future Timmy, and the future is in your hands.
"And I have to eat with those hands Don..."

biggrin.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
17, turning 18 in two months. Been playing games since I was three. My uncle came to my third birthday party and gave me his SNES. I don't remember when this particular event happened, but he was playing Super Mario World once and was really frustrated at this one part. I just grabbed the controller and tried it, beat it, and I've been hooked on gaming ever since.

Doesn't everyone just hate how you can beat a game when you're younger, but play it now and you have no idea what you're suppose to be doing? I beat Chrono Trigger when I was...maybe seven? Yet playing it now, I always get stuck at the first futuristic part you get to.

Also, I don't plan on stopping the whole game thing any time soon. I'm in my senior year of High School right now (Typing this in the middle of PC Support at the moment, got no tickets to fill...) and once I graduate, I'm going for a year or two of DBCC so I can get some credits I need, then I'm going to Full Sail in Winter Park for their Video game design. I can't wait.
wub.gif

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Weekends are for family (except when nobody has planned anything or the kids just want to stay home) (ok evenings when everybody sleeps i use my time on the internet or play a fast game before going to sleep)

When i'm playing or behind my pc and my kids ask me to go out, i'll put all down and go play with them outside or inside the house with there toys, i don't need 5 minutes to think about it, even if that means to play a whole level again or pass a difficult part in the game and no save place around.

My kids are everything and those come first place!

(this doesn't mean i act the same when my wife asks to go shopping , then i preffer to play out the level or play till a save spot )

well i totally agree with you (even the shoping part)
cool.gif

oh and sometimes i pretend also to not hear when she wants to go shopping speacially buying clothes and stuff.
wtf.gif

i really dont like it!!!
tongue.gif

but you know it has to be done...
happy.gif

but usually at night....
when everybody is sleeping ...
wtf.gif
(nasty terrifyng music on)

My gaming desire awakens (mua hah hah hah hah!!!)
mad.gif
rofl2.gif
mad.gif

And i play all those games (violent ones also) until geting tired and hit my bed for redemption!!!!
wacko.gif

hah hah hah !!!!
mad.gif
rofl2.gif
mad.gif
wacko.gif

I guess im a nasty night player and a normal guy during the day ....
unsure.gif

Jasafar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 32 and I'm hooked .. my wife tells me to grow up and doesn't realize that I've been doing this since I've been 7-8yrs old and that there are so many people out there like me at my age. It's frustrating at times!

It goes something like this:

Atari 2600 > Commodore 64 (5.25" floppy heaven) > NES > Gameboy Greyscale > 386 > 486 > Sega Genesis (w/MagicDrive 32 backup unit) > Pentium 100 > Playstation 1 (chipped) > Pentium II 233Mhz > Sega Dreamcast (backups galore!) > Gameboy Color > Pentium III 1.0Ghz > Xbox (chipped w/drive) > Gameboy Advance SP (w/Flash2Advance 256) > P4 3.0Ghz > PSP 1.5 (boot unsigned code off produo card) > Xbox 360 (DVD drive firmware modded) > Nintendo DS Lite (w/M3 Lite)

Of course my office has always been a bit of a rats nest with all the gadgets and additional PC's I have hooked up. I know I probably missed something else... suprised I never picked up a Gamepark 32 or any of the other Nintendo consoles
wink2.gif

For now I am in heaven, but can't wait for the Wii. No interest in the PS3...

grog.gif

--JAS

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
22 here. 13 year old brat when online hahaha!

"My" first console was an early Famicom that my godfather brought home from Japan. I put quotation marks on My since eventhough it was for ME, my father and his friends got to play it more that I did. Not really bothered then since I played alot in the streets then lol...

Kinda sad gamer story my father has, since he started playing pinball games at the arcades, got hooked on the Famicom, played with me on the SNES then he bought me my other consoles til PSX. He provided me with my console gaming needs lol... but sadly, just recently, he told me to "grow up" when I bought my 4th DS and that I'm too old for games now. It's kinda ironic and sad really. I hope he was just kinda bothered with me buying alot of DSs... :/ (He got me a PSP last Christmas though.)

Anyway, I'm still a gamer since all of my sisters are gamers, alot of my relatives are gamers, all of my friends are gamers. My parents still play video games too but not really into serious hardcore gaming. (I was thinking of getting them DSs but I think I'll end up keeping them for myself...)

I still have shitload of consoles I bought though I have less and less time to play them that's why I usually buy just DS games (and pirate PSP games).

Oh and the DS "cured" me from my WoW addiction... and by cured I mean like taking methadone instead of heroin lol...

EDIT: Oh if we're listing consoles... ;-; Famicom, PC Engine, SNES/SFC (I ended up with both :/), Sega Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, PS2, GCN, NG AES (just got it last year
biggrin.gif
)
handhelds: All GB incarnations + Game Gear, NGP(+Color), Wonderswan / SwanCrystal, PSP, NDS, NDSL + Game&Watch if you count those lol (I love handhelds
ohmy.gif
I'm wishing I have a GP2X, PCE GT and a Sega Nomad... as for consoles I wish I didn't skip out on the N64)

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I am 26.

My first video-game was a Odissey. Anyone remember this? There was the stimulation from the enviroment that made my nerd genes start to be transcripted.

Fews years playing it... from 3 to 7 I belive...

Then, the Atari!

Atari was incredible. So many games.:-)

Maybe it was because I was a child, but I felt a mistery atmosphere when playing it late at night. You know what I mean?

insert the game cart; *click*(turning on); BZZZZZZZ!!!! (green screen with 3 purple stripes - a tilt); *plac!*(turning off); SHHHHHHHHHH! (chanel 3 TV noise); *click*(turning on); PUUUUUUUUUH!!! (half screen black, half screen orange - another tilt); *plac!*(turning off); SHHHHHHHHHH! (chanel 3 TV noise); *click*(turning on); Pa-Pa-Paaaa-Pa! (The game works!)!

Now it's time to use your imagination, after a hard work of you, the child gamer, had to sintonize your world between the randomic strange noises and colors of this full of mistery universe, late at night (Almost midnight! Parents can't discover me!)

Anyone understand and had that feeling too?

Well, after that I had:

NES

Game Gear

SNES

Sega Genesis

PS

N64

Gamecube

PS2

NDS

Always a pleasure to get a new videogame.:-)

Why do I still play it? Because I like it!

He he he... Much better than spend 1 hour per night watching a soap opera.

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States

NES

Game Gear

Game Boy

Genesis/Megadrive + 32x

SNES

GBC

PSOne

PS2

Gamecube

N64

GBA

DSlite

wow, when i put it down it dosen't seem like that much... although there are multiple iterations of many. I used to play alot of games as a kid, and stopped I guess, but when I heard about electroplankton, being a somewhat experimental artist, i just had to have a DS.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm 16 and i've been playing games as long as i can remember. i can't remember NOT having a computer...

my console and pc history (probably not 100% right but anyway ;P):
PC - PC - NES - GB Pocket - N64 - PC - PC - GBC - PC - PC - GBA - NGC - PC - PC - PC - NDS - NDSL

as you can se, i've been playing a lot of PC games, but all the PC's isn't mine, most of them was like "family computers" but me and my brother was gaming on them as well ;D i can still remember when my father got those 3.5" discs with "the game of the month". it was like 2-5 games on 1.44MB space, no need to install or anything. but i still needed help to start the games through DOS until i got... 4-5 maybe and i learnt to start games by myself ;D

and hopefully i can afford a Wii on the release.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
26 here.....but the ladies think I am 22 so shhhhh! How ironic that when I was in my early 20's I always added 5 years to my age and now...I am dreadly afraid of getting old.
/me grabs Dirtie's fat little cheeks
* DON"T EVER GROW UP *
Anyway I started on the C64, and moved my way to all the other systems, NES, SNES, TurboGraphics ect, I actually quit gaming for two or 3 years when girls started to notice me but then a friend was playing Megaman X on the SNES and he was all stuck and shit and I was like "let me help you." .... cue the dark lights, the dramatic music, cause I was reborn as soon as that controller hit my hands. I gamed strait for about a month before my first ex fiancee left me over Chrono Trigger which was a good thing cause right when we split FF7 came out so I got to play that without any headaces. Why do I play games now? Cause I am frickin addicted.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be 25 this month.

I've had a gang of systems throughout the years.

C64, Vic20, Atari 2600/5200/7800, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey, NES, Master System, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, GC, GB/GBC/GBA, NDS

I've had a few pong and light gun only systems too.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Comoddore 64, Vic 20, Odyssey II, PC, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, PS1, GBA, GCN, NDS, PS2

I still remember loading up Joust for the PC and it asking me if I wanted to play in VGA or Tandy graphics mode. I also remember making a picture of a flag on the C64 and having to tell it what each pixel's color would be and looking up what the code for each color was in a book...it took me a whole week.

NetixRiqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant believe im the youngest i am (really) 12. now that im the youngest here i will carry this site to the next generation and you cant do anythn coz you will be dead HA-HA! (yahoo!) hmm i own:
PSone PStwo GBC GBASP NDS and a PC of course.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 years old! Just 3 months til my 21st, and then the States finally opens up for me!

I started gaming when I was around 5 although I didn't get my first system until I was 8-9 years old. I was always fascinated by them and whenever I had a chance to play, such as going to a friend's house who owned a system or going to the movies to play in the arcade, the games were the first things that I would head towards.
My first system was the SNES and I loved it even though I missed out on a lot of gems. I was a sports gamer almost exclusively until about 5 years ago. I kind of took a break during the psx, n64 era. I'm not sure why, I still subscribed to videogame magazines and all but nothing really interested me until the Dreamcast.
The Dreamcast definatly brought me back into gaming fulltime (atleast when I'm not playin sports) and I feel like I'm here to stay. My DS keeps me more than entertained and and blissfully looking forward to the upcoming consoles!

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Megadrive -> Game Boy -> PlayStation -> Nintendo 64 -> Game Boy Color -> Game Boy Advance -> Nintendo Gamecube -> Game Boy Advance SP -> PlayStation 2 -> Nintendo DS -> PlayStation Portable.

I don't count the PC as a gaming console.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I remember faint memories of my cousins teasing me about how they could beat me on tank on the NES:P
NES->Gameboy(B&W)->Gameboy Color->PSX->PS2(Sold it last year)->DS

I am hoping to get a GP2X and a Cube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...