ROM Hack How realistic is a full translation patch for Dragon Quest XI using the PS4 script?

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They realized that mistake not long after sending me the screenshots and have already fixed it and told me they will send me more screenshots later on today. So... look forward to that.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I actually have a completely new screenshot to share and this part has only just been translated and they are having a break for three days as they spent two solid days working on it none stop! They have also sent me the fixed screenshot which I shall also post here as well.

I can also reveal I'm one of the members but my role isn't very big I'm just the beta tester the other news I can give you guys & gals is i have the first 6 hours of the game completely in English but once you pass a certain point the only thing that stays English are the items and there descriptions and the menus but the remainder of the story is in Japanese.

The team have specified they cannot share how and what tools they used but I will tell you this it's far beyond my knowledge.

Attachments

• Screenshot 4.png
    Screenshot 4.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 671
  • screenshot 2.png
    screenshot 2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 633
Last edited by WiikeyHacker,

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a completely new screenshot to share and this part has only just been translated and they are having a break for three days as they spent two solid days working on it none stop! They have also sent me the fixed screenshot which I shall also post here as well.

I can also reveal I'm one of the members but my role isn't very big I'm just the beta tester the other news I can give you guys & gals is i have the first 6 hours of the game completely in English but once you pass a certain point the only thing that stays English are the items and there descriptions and the menus but the remainder of the story is in Japanese.

The team have specified they cannot share how and what tools they used but I will tell you this it's far beyond my knowledge.
The 2D and 3D styles of gameplay share the same dialogue right?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The team are back with some new updated screenshots they allowed me to share while they are taking a break from editing for two more days, hope you all like what you see. Plus there will be some huge news later on near the end of the year which I cannot mention just yet. Now with out further adieu, please enjoy the latest batch of screen shots from the team.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

These are the last set of screenshots I've been sent for now The team will answer any questions regarding the game you may have with a few exceptions like. "What tools are we using? And when will be able to get it? Or anything that would reveal who they are, since they are keeping this project very quiet only releasing screenshots" So if you want to ask anything now is the time to ask us.

Attachments

• screenshot 5.png
    screenshot 5.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 528
  • Screenshot 6.png
    Screenshot 6.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 471
  • screenshot 7.png
    screenshot 7.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 481
  • Screenshot 8.png
    Screenshot 8.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 438

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be a party pooper, but honestly I'm not sure how good of an idea it is for you to be flaunting their work. I understand you're not "working" on the project, but I don't know the legal technicalities of how C&D's work. Couldn't SquarEnix send you some kind of legal obligation to weasel out the translators under threat of a lawsuit? I dunno, I'm not a lawyer, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

But hey what the hell, I'll bite on the questions. Will the team include an orchestral music patch with the translation, like what the Steam version got?

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Good questions but as far as I know the team are using the music which was included with the Japanese version of the game. But have said that their expertise lies with language translation not music alteration, but once the patch is released they said if others want to try porting the music they said they wish them the best of luck. And to your second question well more more concern, I'd never rat on my friends we have a long running friendship that has not been broken in the years we have known each other over the years and we have all agreed if they give a C&D due to releasing a version for the 3ds they will stop the production but the likely hood of that happening is very minimal. As for "flaunting of their work as you say one of the team happens to be a family member and i did translate one thing in the game which was the weapons but that was it.

But thank you for the questions.

Oh yes they said I could post the screenshots just as long as I don't I don't release any other info concerning identity's and what not, which I have promised I will not do as I respect our team very much as well as their friendship.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Good questions but as far as I know the team are using the music which was included with the Japanese version of the game. But have said that their expertise lies with language translation not music alteration. And to your second question well more more concern, I'd never rat on my friends we have a long running friendship that has not been broken in the years we have known each other over the years and we have all agreed if they give a C&D due to releasing a version for the 3ds they will stop the production but the likely hood of that happening is very minimal. As for "flaunting of their work as you say one of the team happens to be a family member and i did translate one thing in the game which was the weapons but that was it.

But thank you for the questions.

Oh yes they said I could post the screenshots just as long as I don't I don't release any other info concerning identity's and what not, which I have promised I will not do as I respect our team very much as well as their friendship.
It's still good to be cautious. You guys are doing a great job. From the screens it coming along nicely. The orchestra music swap would be great too, but no worries if not. Keep up the good work.

GentlemanPotato

Trophies
XP
Country
I see that Drake Slimes have been named Flying Devil Slimes, are the team not using the official English monster names? That would be quite confusing for someone who has played other Dragon Quest titles

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One bit of news I can share which may come as a shock, once the translation is complete the team are becoming indie developers and are making ideas for a game which will be either a strategy horror game or a racing game with hopes of having the game on the switch and pc.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One bit of news I can share which may come as a shock, once the translation is complete the team are becoming indie developers and are making ideas for a game which will be either a strategy horror game or a racing game with hopes of having the game on the switch and pc.

Well things can change when the final patch is released. But as of now I can't say if it will or not. as we are trying to avoid copyrighted material.

Reactions: ExData7

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well things can change when the final patch is released. But as of now I can't say if it will or not. as we are trying to avoid copyrighted material.
Don't worry about people going on and on about this being fake or dmca threats. Cause frankly you're doing PR and u don't have to share any of this info with us at all and I'm greatly appreciate that you choose to do this for the community

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ExData7,
D

Deleted User

Very cool. Congrats on taking on the challenges. I look forward to what they can do. Taking it to the developer stage is pretty exiting.

Reactions: ExData7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share