How to combine/merge/join all parts of a file?

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I downloaded Hollow Knight (Nintendo Switch) from a MEGA website but it is divided to 3 parts.

I want to play this game with either YuZu or Ryujinx but I must know how to combine/merge/join all these 3 parts to a single file so I can load it and start playing the game with either YuZu or Ryujinx.

There is no a readme file or a guide that teaches or shows me what to do.

I think that I should or need to use an application, program, software, tool or utility that does this job or task but if yes then what are names of such software?

I have already got both prod.keys and title.keys files and put them in the keys folder of YuZu and I also got the Nintendo Switch firmware and I will install it with YuZu.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Hollow Knight (Nintendo Switch) from a MEGA website but it is divided to 3 parts.

I want to play this game with either YuZu or Ryujinx but I must know how to combine/merge/join all these 3 parts to a single file so I can load it and start playing the game with either YuZu or Ryujinx.

There is no a readme file or a guide that teaches or shows me what to do.

I think that I should or need to use an application, program, software, tool or utility that does this job or task but if yes then what are names of such software?

I have already got both prod.keys and title.keys files and put them in the keys folder of YuZu and I also got the Nintendo Switch firmware and I will install it with YuZu.
Pic of the files with ther extension?

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have already extracted them by using 7-Zip free software.

But each rar file contains only 1 folder with the same name and the same files.

I extracted them to the same directory.

When I extracted part 1 the extraction was done successfully without any error but when I extracted part 2 and part 3 the system asked me if to replace the files of part 1 with the files of part 2 or 3 and I clicked on the "No" button.

I don't think that YuZu and Ryujinx will be able to boot part 1 of the game without part 2 and part 3.

I think that the part 1 files are incomplete without part 2 and part 3.

Last edited by GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already extracted them by using 7-Zip free software.

But each rar file contains only 1 folder with the same name and the same files.

I extracted them to the same directory.

When I extracted part 1 the extraction was done successfully without any error but when I extracted part 2 and part 3 the system asked me if to replace the files of part 1 with the files of part 2 or 3 and I clicked on the "No" button.

I don't think that YuZu and Ryujinx will be able to boot part 1 of the game without part 2 and part 3.

I think that the part 1 files are incomplete without part 2 and part 3.
U only extract the first one its a multi archive they extract all 3 in sequence

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The contents in the folder after decompressing part 1 is the end product. You don't need to individually unrar and recombine the others.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most programs would likely throw up a prompt for you to locate the part it failed to find once it reaches that point. There are options you can play around with to get it to ignore it but depending on what is in the compressed file, you might be able to salvage some data, or have it all be a useless corrupted file.

Many of the mainstream programs that I've used have some log of sorts while decompressing so you can check that out. Or simply try it out and see what happens. Or if you are really keen on doing things in a roundabout way, you could google it and sift through the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto