How to copy a game in folder format into ps3 without FTP

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HI,
usually i moved my PS3 games in folder format into the ps3 using Filezilla and the ftp, with cable.
I don't know why, but now i'm not able to to that anymore: i'm trying to move a game into the console and it requires a lot of hours and in any case the process doesn't finish: there are errors during the process and some files aren't moved into the ps3.

Is there a different way, for example using an usb key, to copy a game in folder format into the dev0001_ hdd0/GAMES path?
I tried to convert the folder to .iso file, and tried to move it into the dev0001_ hdd0/PS3ISO path, but it is not possible to move it. i really don't know why...
As you can see, the 2 isos are moved, but not the complete file, it seems that it is migrated 2 files really little:

https://i.postimg.cc/hGm0nZ3W/ps3.png

thanks!

Last edited by legolas119,

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can indeed use an USB key or an external USB hard drive to copy the games to your PS3 internal storage. Usually to do that I use irisMan, you just need to open it, press triangle on the game and there should be an option like "copy to internal".
Note that even on the external drive you should put the games in a correct location (GAMES for folder format and PS3ISO for ISO) for them to be recognized.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can indeed use an USB key or an external USB hard drive to copy the games to your PS3 internal storage. Usually to do that I use irisMan, you just need to open it, press triangle on the game and there should be an option like "copy to internal".
Note that even on the external drive you should put the games in a correct location (GAMES for folder format and PS3ISO for ISO) for them to be recognized.
thanks! it's strange, now the ftp transfer correctly works...

in any case, if i use a usb key, i have to create this folder into the root of the usb:
GAMES\BLESXXXXX
PS3ISO\gamename.iso

in order to copy them into the right path, is this correct?

Another question: i would like to add a cover image of a game in folder format because it is missing. How can i do?
thanks!

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks! it's strange, now the ftp transfer correctly works...

in any case, if i use a usb key, i have to create this folder into the root of the usb:
GAMES\BLESXXXXX
PS3ISO\gamename.iso

in order to copy them into the right path, is this correct?

Another question: i would like to add a cover image of a game in folder format because it is missing. How can i do?
thanks!
Yes, this is correct, I've only tried it with iso format games but it should work with folder format games too.

As for the cover I don't really know, they're always displayed with webMan without doing anything special

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==