How to detect PSX games into the crossbar menu?

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
i have a hacked ps3 with rebug cfw 4.82. I have a question: i moved a couple of games (folder with bin+cue game inside and a image cover that i saved) into the path dev_hdd0/PSXISO, in this way:
https://i.postimg.cc/gJFPBN7w/psx.png

But i'm not able to make available the games into the Playstation folder, into the crossbar menu:
https://i.postimg.cc/xTYLSQm5/IMG-8765-FILEminimizer.jpg

I entered in Multiman --> Retro --> Refresh and the 2 games, with their covers (i added manually the 2 covers into the games folder, i don't know if it is possible to download them automatically), appear:
https://i.postimg.cc/63YYGQC9/IMG-8764-FILEminimizer.jpg

But i'm not able to make them available into the main crossbar. I remember that the PLAYSTATION folder was available near the PSP and PS3 folders, but now i'm not able anymore to make it still available.

Which is the right way to scan and detect the psx games that i add into the dev_hdd0/PSXISO path?

many thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, there's an option in settings to tell it what you do or do not want to appear. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling wmm.

Reactions: KiiWii

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm sorry...what is "Iirc" ? I don't knwo how to find it and the option that ask me what i want to see...
the PLAYSTATION folder was previously available. I had only Soul blade inside. Some hours ago i deleted bin+cue+jpg files in order to put them into a folder (named "soul blade") and when i refreshed the games using, as usual, sMan, the folder disappeared... now i can only see the PSX game into the Multiman menù, as i show in the picture above. I didn't change any option.

And what is "wmm"? Are you referring to Multiman app? If so, i think that multiman works correctly as i'm able to see the games into its menù...i can't see them into the mail crossbar menu :(

thanks!

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ah ok thanks :)
well, checking this video, at minute 11:15, the guy says to enter into the section Webman Games -_> Webman Set Up...but i don't have this option in my ps3...i only have the Webman icon (mmCM icon, shown at minute 10:02). Do you know how i can follow these steps? It is quite strange that i don't have that option available...
many thanks!

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks! So, i have to:
1) remove the game name folders and directly put bin+cue+.jpg files into the /dev_hdd0/PSXISO path
2) install the webMan-MOD webMAN_MOD_1.47.42_Installer.pkg
3) after that, i shoudl be able to see same options/menu of the youtube video and i will be able to refresh games list and PLAYSTATION folder shoudl appear, is that correct?

thank you

Reactions: draftguy

draftguy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks! So, i have to:
1) remove the game name folders and directly put bin+cue+.jpg files into the /dev_hdd0/PSXISO path
2) install the webMan-MOD webMAN_MOD_1.47.42_Installer.pkg
3) after that, i shoudl be able to see same options/menu of the youtube video and i will be able to refresh games list and PLAYSTATION folder shoudl appear, is that correct?

thank you
Yes.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it works! I installed WebmanMod and it immediately created the PLAYSTATIOn folder and inside it shows the 2 games with thei cover. It is not necessary to remove the game folder, webmab detect them even if the bin+cue(+.jpg) files are sotred inside each game folder!
Last question: do you know if it is available a program to add scanlines to psx games?

thank you very much!

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And another question: what about multidisc games? I have to create a single folder (i.e. Final Fantay VII) and put inside the 3 bin+cue files of the game?
If so, when it is necessary to load the 2nd and 3rd games, when requested, how can i load the new disc? Or is it necessary to load multiple games in a different way?

thank you

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With some multi disc games you create a saved game before the end of the first cd and then load it with the 2nd cd (e.g. this is the case with almost all ps2 games)
Iirc this was also the case with many psx games.......the only ones I can think of that aren't like that are Metal Gear Solid and Oddworld.
You can change the disc via the webman browser on the pc.. .....but the easiest way is to just use the pkg version of the game(if it exists)

Use the webman browser while on the local network and change the disc:
  1. enter ps3 ip address on your PC/Smartphone
  2. either eject first or just go to games and select the second disc image
  3. at the mount screen, click the error code at the bottom to mount

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already