Hacking Question How to fix sx-os "boot.dat?" error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the console prompted me to format the sd card. I've also done it with guiformat32 and minitool partition wizard.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez how much do you trust all these sd cards you've been dealing with? Can i be noisy enough to ask how much did you spend on them because any "good deal" and "cheap" sd cards can lead to a lot of headaches and bullshit you've been going through even bought through amazon don't trust it test your sd cards out to rule entirely that's not your problem before resorting to returns to nintendo.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez how much do you trust all these sd cards you've been dealing with? Can i be noisy enough to ask how much did you spend on them because any "good deal" and "cheap" sd cards can lead to a lot of headaches and bullshit you've been going through even bought through amazon don't trust it test your sd cards out to rule entirely that's not your problem before resorting to returns to nintendo.
I have a second switch and all the sd cards boot sx-os. also I bought them all at walmart.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dicky sd reader in the switch based on everything . Tenacity can be tiring . It's the most obvious problem at this stage . I would add to the tapping technique guys approach to try varying amounts of pressure onto the top of the sd reader in the switch to see if it's bad soldering on the ports mount.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
weird thing is i've gotten the message "micro sd card has been removed" like 5 or 6 times in last 20 mins..I think I'm going to send this switch to nintendo. You think they can tell it's been in rcm mode? what natural ways could it get into rcm mode? I can say oh it crashed randomly?
This is proof the SD reader is gimping , Best of luck with the RMA. I still wanna kick the shit out of it tho . (Provided it did it in OFW)
Tell them you left it on the dash in the car in the sun for like 30 mins - tell them it nearly burned your hand it was so hot . (Telemetry may record that too tho) So sling it into car oven for a while just in case. That could be reason enough for an overheated deball or solder pad lift - after it cooled worked again and didnt go to rcm . Also the heat could have damaged the SD card pads on pcb (Melted them a little or induced a wee bit of "Flow")

Last edited by DaveLister,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is proof the SD reader is gimping , Best of luck with the RMA. I still wanna kick the shit out of it tho . (Provided it did it in OFW)
Tell them you left it on the dash in the car in the sun for like 30 mins - tell them it nearly burned your hand it was so hot . (Telemetry may record that too tho) So sling it into car oven for a while just in case. That could be reason enough for an overheated deball or solder pad lift - after it cooled worked again and didnt go to rcm .
yeah if i press where the kickstand is it says sd card has been removed. I can do it at will now. so this is going for repair. will keep yall posted.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like my problem is different than yours. I have no idea why mine does it. I press the back of switch by the sd card and I don't get a message it's removed.

coolwei1688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Update:
Tonight when I try to inject hekate v3.2 payload, it successes. When I try to print fs info or dump emmc info to SD card, it failed to mount the sd card.
So I think my switch is not the "newer switch" that can't Jailbre*k. And not the sx pro hardware problem.
Maybe I should continue to find a correct sd card formater,or wait someone who find the reason why sd card failed to mount in rcm.

Attachments

• IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 218

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
Tonight when I try to inject hekate v3.2 payload, it successes. When I try to print fs info or dump emmc info to SD card, it failed to mount the sd card.
So I think my switch is not the "newer switch" that can't Jailbre*k. And not the sx pro hardware problem.
Maybe I should continue to find a correct sd card formater,or wait someone who find the reason why sd card failed to mount in rcm.
that's exactly what my issues was.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought you had bad SD slot in the dev - by pressing it in horizon you could see it connect and disconnect the SD card - not really the same issue imo.
besides the physical problem the symptoms were exactly the same. the payloads will load but without access to sd card. So hekate would load but when i tried to dump nand it would say "failed to init sd card" and with sx-os it would give the Boot.dat? error.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
besides the physical problem the symptoms were exactly the same. the payloads will load but without access to sd card. So hekate would load but when i tried to dump nand it would say "failed to init sd card" and with sx-os it would give the Boot.dat? error.
I had those very same symptoms with shitty brand cards - once i went sammy and sanny all was well.

coolwei1688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Update:
I download a hekate v3.2 source code and recompile it with some debug code. And see my SDcard failed in init process. The reason why init failed is the query command (CMD6) response data judgement failed in setting SD card to high speed (the sd card init process before is fine, this is the very last of SD card init process, before the fat32/exfat system mount ). So it has nothing to do with the SD card format. It is the incapability between SD card and hekate sd card driver(and SX OS).

A fast way to avoid this problem is to use a "correct" sd card to meet the sd card driver, but it needs to try.

code:
int _sd_storage_enable_highspeed(sdmmc_storage_t *storage, u32 hs_type, u8 *buf)
{
if (!_sd_storage_switch(storage, buf, SD_SWITCH_CHECK, 0, hs_type))
return 0;

u32 type_out = buf[16] & 0xF;
if (type_out != hs_type) //FAILED HERE
return 0;

if ((((u16)buf[0] << 8) | buf[1]) < 0x320)
{
if (!_sd_storage_switch(storage, buf, SD_SWITCH_SET, 0, hs_type))
return 0;

if (type_out != (buf[16] & 0xF))
return 0;
}

return 1;
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1