how to fix Wii U HDD not detected after changing enclosure

Nimrod-002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
BEST WAY: Buy again the same enclosure you had before.
I have a lot of enclosure, all I can say, some enclosure work but don't work with certain HDS, This might be because some HDD drive have old firmware, so a possibility would be upgrading the firmware of your HDD and putting back in the new enclosure.
If still not detected, buy the same enclosure you had before.
checked the shop ,they dont have it anymore,
did u use multiple enclosures with same hdd on wii u?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When a shop don't has it, you can find it on a classified ads website
Well, that's why having game in Loadiine Format is "also" a good solution....When your games are on a SD card, they don't get encrypted, and they can't go on multiple wiiUs....

dustinrue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came here with this exact same experience. I have two identical external enclosures and swapping the drive from one to the other will cause the Wii U to not see the drive.

A bit of background.

My 32gb Wii U died from 160-0130. I bought a different system and used one of those temporary usb adapters with a drive. After getting some initial setup done, I put the drive into its permanent home. Once I did this it wasn’t recognized. I swapped the drive to a known good enclosure and it still didn’t work. I put the drive back on the temporary solution and now it is fine again.

Once I get my downloads done I am going to move things around how I need it to be and then I will test some stuff. What if the Wii U “encryption” was simply the serial of the drive plus some info from the controller it is on? With how basic Nintendo is sometimes I wouldn’t be surprised if it were true.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came here with this exact same experience. I have two identical external enclosures and swapping the drive from one to the other will cause the Wii U to not see the drive.

A bit of background.

My 32gb Wii U died from 160-0130. I bought a different system and used one of those temporary usb adapters with a drive. After getting some initial setup done, I put the drive into its permanent home. Once I did this it wasn’t recognized. I swapped the drive to a known good enclosure and it still didn’t work. I put the drive back on the temporary solution and now it is fine again.

Once I get my downloads done I am going to move things around how I need it to be and then I will test some stuff. What if the Wii U “encryption” was simply the serial of the drive plus some info from the controller it is on? With how basic Nintendo is sometimes I wouldn’t be surprised if it were true.
Not sure. I know that you can use multiple hdds or flash drives, just not at the same time, unless copying. Might have something to do with the seeprom, parts of it change with each boot, and it and otp are responsible for hdd encryption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la