Hacking <How-To>Get Homebrew up and running using the Twilight Hack.

actino

Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't had time to retest yet.
frown.gif
Hopefully soon I will get to retest.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a problem!

I did everything in the tutorial; I copied the save file onto my wii and put the homebrew channel boot.elf in the root of my SD. I had a twilight princess disc sitting in my wii before I copied the save over, it was working perfectly fine before. However, after I copied the save over and went into the game it loaded up the wiimote safety screen then save me a "disc cannot be read" message. Now it can't even read the disc at all, at least all my other games still work.

By the way, my friend kept "forgetting" to lend me his version of TP so I ended up getting a backup version from another friend. My wii is 3.2E with a wasabi. I wasn't sure of the region of TP (wasn't labelled) but my save file from last time I had the game worked so I assumed it was a PAL version (assuming save files only work with games from their own region), would putting the wrong save file stuff up the game and render this hack asunder?

Sorry if this has been answered, I didn't see it in this thread.
--------------------------------------
EDIT: Never mind, I got it working with a genuine copy of the game.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asking, will i need TP only once? or everytime i put new homebrew? im going to get the homebrew channel. should i rent or buy used only one person i know has it but it wont work. and does that gecko or w/e work? or burn discs work with anothor homebrew?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
asking, will i need TP only once? or everytime i put new homebrew? im going to get the homebrew channel. should i rent or buy used only one person i know has it but it wont work. and does that gecko or w/e work? or burn discs work with anothor homebrew?

As of right now, you should only need it once if you use it install the Homebrew Channel. However, Nintendo may block the channel in the future, although I'm also guessing that they will break the Twilight Hack completely, so a new game may be needed anyway.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tell them to use something I HAVE! j/k Why did I sell TP? Yay, then I'll rent it. Nintendo doesn't send updates a lot so renting it once every time it okay for me!
biggrin.gif

InsaneMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Nintendo release updates through games? Did they do it in Mario Kart, and if they did, would it affect me? I have Twilight Hack, Homebrew Channel, and v3.3.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Speed Freak said:
Hey there! Sorry about the noob question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere: Can I play VC games through the Homebrew channel? If so, how do I do it?

You can install VC game channels through the WAD installer, launched from the homebrew channel. They will then appear in your Wii menu (so not the homebrew's menu). If you want to run classic games through the homebrew channel. you can use an emulator and load roms. I prefer to run it that way because then the games won't take up space on the wii itself

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap Wii going to mod it soon
Would this work if i use a downloaded version of the Japanese Twilight princess or do i need the actual copy?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
When you mod it you really don't need the Twilight Hack, just download the Homebrew Channel iso.

Actually, if they have the 3.3 firmware, that method will not work.

Also, yes, any Japanese version of Twilight Princess will work. If you have the 3.3 firmware, make sure that you download this version, otherwise it will not copy to the system.

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok thanks. im on like 3.2j Im confuse with what lostsoul5673 saying
saying no need to do this method.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tsuchy said:
ah ok thanks. im on like 3.2j Im confuse with what lostsoul5673 saying
saying no need to do this method.

If you have the 3.2J firmware or lower, all you should have to do is download the Japanese ISO from the following site...

http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

I don't have a modified Wii, so I'm not going to be able to help you with setting that up.

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. i get it now.. all i need is the Japanese iso install it and thats it if my wii is modded
else i need to do the other method

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

I have downloaded all the necessary items to hack my wii using the Twilight Hack. But I have one question...

Do I need a launch copy of Zelda TP in order to use the hack? Did they fix this exploit in newer versions of the game as they did with Lumines on the PSP?

Thanks

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suppachipmunk said:
Hello everyone

I have downloaded all the necessary items to hack my wii using the Twilight Hack. But I have one question...

Do I need a launch copy of Zelda TP in order to use the hack? Did they fix this exploit in newer versions of the game as they did with Lumines on the PSP?

Thanks

I bought my copy of Twilight Princess back in February, and it works fine. The copy was the '0A-2' version, so it wasn't a launch version.

Nintendo tried to block the Twilight Hack on the 3.3 firmware, so it's possible that they may fix the discs. If you wanted, you could rent a copy, and then use it to install the Homebrew Channel. After you install the Homebrew Channel, you shouldn't really need the Twilight Hack anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, wuuuuuuuuuuuuut