Not open for further replies.

gggggggg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
2E53504F4F46

Edit: I just found out why it didn't work: MACycle doesn't restart my network (Conexión de red inalámbrica 3) so I have to disable "atheros network adapter" then enable it again

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
May I use a D-Link usb wifi adapter ?? I have read that you need a wired connection, but if I am using a laptop, can I use the built in wireless card for network connection and the usb adapter to set the hotspot ??

Pip'

driph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no default period! It is calculated by the script to equally spread all MACs on your list whithin one 8 hours cooldoen period with the equal delay between changes. Five stars on cron only points to that script is running . every minute 24x7. You do not need to worry about this period, the script changes MACs with optimal way to give you the most diverse streetpasses.

Okay, so how about if I wanted to cycle through the MACs at a slower pace to prevent us from being so overloaded that streetpass becomes boring, now that each MAC hands out 6 passes? For example, to have it change to a random new MAC once every four hours, would this work?

*/240 * * * *

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
May I use a D-Link usb wifi adapter ?? I have read that you need a wired connection, but if I am using a laptop, can I use the built in wireless card for network connection and the usb adapter to set the hotspot ??

Pip'

You need a wired connection in which what type of pc or laptop you use, if you don't, then no.

Beltaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using the script from duke_srg on a DD-WRT router and it's working great.

However, I recently updated the script and now I'm getting a lot of the same people's Streetpasses over and over, which isn't a HUGE problem, but it seems weird.

Do I just happen to be on the same rotation they are?

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Right, decided to bite the bullet and just update the wireless with DD-WRT since I was getting zero passes in 2 days with the personal MAC as warned. It wasn't too difficult and I got passes no problem but I ended up spending several hours trying to figure out how to make the internet and both routers' web interfaces work at the same time without having to connect the wireless router directly to the computer and get disconnects every time I change MAC. I assume it's an IP issue, I seem to be getting conflicting information on whether the third number field should be set to be the same or different from both routers: some people seem to say that if they're the same, there might be IP conflicts while others say that if they aren't the same, the routers might be unable to find each other on the same subnet.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you post a screenshot of your ddwrt config, u can't have ip conflict just by changing "the third" line

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there any group that uses a specific MAC address only for blue shirt miis? Is for monster manor, I need to get silver and golden chests. xD

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
can you post a screenshot of your ddwrt config, u can't have ip conflict just by changing "the third" line
I solved it myself, I tried assigning the damn thing to either xxx.xxx.1.xxx or xxx.xxx.10.xxx or whatever when the main router's IP is xxx.xxx.254.xxx and is where the wireless router has been automatically assigining its IP to with the original firmware up until this point.

Reactions: keyra

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okay, so how about if I wanted to cycle through the MACs at a slower pace to prevent us from being so overloaded that streetpass becomes boring, now that each MAC hands out 6 passes? For example, to have it change to a random new MAC once every four hours, would this work?

*/240 * * * *

For every 4 hours it should be
0 */4 * * *

Reactions: driph

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Problem, using MacShift, I can change any mac address except for the interal wireless card of my 2 laptops. Lenovo G505 and a Acer AOD250. Did it anyone else had this issue and manage to fix it ?? Or, if you know what I can do or try because of your networking knowledge, please tell me !

Pip'

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I manage to set it up under my Windows 8.1 G505 Lenovo laptop.

The biggest problem I came across is chaing the mac address. Starting with Vista, the first 2 octets of the mac address must be 02:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX. It is reseted back to it's original mac address if it doesn't start with that.

In the mac address list spreadsheet, there is only one that "exists" and it's 02:53:50:4F:4F:46. I would really request that people use this mac address atleast once in a while. People under Windows 7/8 and 8.1 will appreciate A LOT.

Pip'

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! First thanks for this how-to

I set up my home pass with Ubuntu (on 12.04 and 12.10). It work great for some important informations are missing in the tutorial.

1) When installing dnsmasq you will probably have this error :

Code:
dnsmasq:failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use [fail] invoke-rc.d: initscript dnsmasq, action "start" failed.

To solve it :

Code:
sudo apt-get remove dnsmasq

Code:
sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

Then comment the line dns=dnsmasq (just add # to be like this : #dns=dnsmasq), save and quit (ctrl+x then "y")

Restart network manager :

Code:
sudo restart network-manager

Reinstall dnsmasq :

Code:
sudo apt-get install dnsmasq

You should not have any error this time.

2) The wlan that's going to host must not be already connected to internet ! It must be disconnected although it won't work.

3) If you have errors withsudo ./home_zone stop and you are not able to connect to the internet after using the script, just reboot your computer and it will work fine ;)

I hope this will help ! :)

PS: sorry for my english

Reactions: pelago

gggggggg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guide for windows 7

Required: A wifi card/usb stick, a wired connection, Virtual Router Plus and MACycle
Disconnect from any wireless connection and use the wired one instead

PC:

Unzip Virtual Router Plus and MACycle to different folders that you can easily access

Click "Open Network and Sharing Center" from the network icon or "Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center"

Click "Change adapter configuration" (the third option at the left)

Change your wireless adapter name to "Wi-Fi" (the one that changes when you connect and disconnect from wireless connection) with right click > change name

Press the windows key or click the start button

Search "cmd"

Right click "cmd" then click "start as admin"

Copy and paste/type this:
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

Press enter

Start MACycle, change mac order to sequential/random, set the interval then click start

Start Virtual Router Plus, use "attwifi" as the SSID, type a 8 (or more) character password and use the wired adapter as the shared connection

When you do it again, you just have to start from #9

3DS:

System settings > internet > internet connection > new connection > search access point
Select the "attwifi" connection with a lock (should be wpa2-psk)
Enter the password then "accept"

Try the network test, if it gets stuck at "internet" and you can still use the internet on your computer, you're probably using the wrong shared network adapter

KamikiriTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi,
i have a little question,
if i using the auto mac change script,
when wireless mac changing,
will affect another wireless device or not?
like smart phone or game console,

Examples:
my PS3 is using wireless for internet game,
same time, wireless mac is changing,
PS3 will be disconnection or delay or something else?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi,
i have a little question,
if i using the auto mac change script,
when wireless mac changing,
will affect another wireless device or not?
like smart phone or game console,

Examples:
my PS3 is using wireless for internet game,
same time, wireless mac is changing,
PS3 will be disconnection or delay or something else?

Will be disconnected for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D