• Windows

Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, and as far as I know it isn't needed as it is an open network (when i make a hotspott in windows 7 with wpa2 connection, the 3ds even sees the Nzone, but can't connect)
You need to add attwifi in your 3DS connection settings. Try it and let me know if it connects.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For all the people who have problems getting game specific streetpass info, I know how to get it. I used to stumble on that problem as well and was at a loss at first as well. But I experimented and found out that you do get them when your queue is full with Mii's (with normal streetpasses for Mii Plaza), then just keep your 3DS in sleep mode and you will still be getting streetpasses, but this time with game specific stuff! It still goes kinda slow, only one per Mii and sometimes only for one game until the queue for that game is full, but you will surely get it.

This started to work this way since they changed the number of SPs you get per MAC address to 6.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to add attwifi in your 3DS connection settings. Try it and let me know if it connects.
nope it doesn't :( here is why:
My 3ds does not seem to find attwifi at all (while my other devices can). here is my configfile for hostapd(if it is usefull):

#change wlan0 to your wireless device
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=attwifi
bridge=br0
hw_mode=g
channel=6
auth_algs=1
wpa=0
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
macaddr_acl=1
wmm_enabled=0

Thanx in advance:)

edit:
I red somewhere that it could be my DNS server, i try to change this to 8.8.8.8 but it is an pain in the *ss to do this in an virtual linux

edit2:
Ok whatever I do, i can't get my DNS to change. my tablet stills says attwifi is on 192.168.0.1, while linxu says it should be 127.0.01 and I entered 8.8.8.8, sombody has any clues?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Still need a help with this one. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using cmd too and my configuration is fine. I still have problems which I cannot fix.

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow|
netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=attwifi key=whatever keyUsage=persistent
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

1) My internet-connection is based on my wired adapter.
2) My wireless adapter has been renamed to "Wi-Fi"
3) I'm sharing my wired-adapter (Ethernet) to the virtual adapter (the attwifi I created before)
4) Adjusting manual settings on my 3DS (192.168.137.xxx/Gateway 192.168.137.1/DNS 192.168.137.1)
=> 3DS can establish Internet connection (tested with its browser)
=> Putting 3DS in standby-mode

5) Running MACycle
=> Waiting until he cycled like 10 adresses
6) Opening 3DS, no new Miis, Wi-Fi-connection to attwifi lost
=> Is not able to connect to attwifi any longer

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think I once tried, with the same result. But even if not, I might give it a try, but will surely have the same result since MACycle is just a gui.
But like some people told me here there is no point in using a cycler since you can only get 10 people on mii plaza. Just manually cycle through some macs and get the hits you need sometimes with the right hardware some cycler can break something in windows and you wont be able to connect.
I have a question.
I got bravely default and lets say i wanna streetpass with my girlfriend which mac address do i give her? the 3ds one?

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so here's as much info as I have.
I have Bravely Default EU ver. download.
I have a regular 3DS. Software version 7.1.0 - 14E
I have a Windows 7 home relay setup.
I am able to get streetpasses from the home relay for every game I have that uses Streetpass...
Except Bravely Default. The only streetpasses I get for Bravely Default are every 8 hours from my second 3DS, where the L and R buttons are broken (I have the BD demo downloaded on this 3DS).

I can see in MiiPlaza I meet characters that are playing BD or the BD demo, So, I know that I should be getting BD streetpasses.

Can anyone help me and maybe walk me through what to do, or what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you SOOOOOOO much.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
nope it doesn't :( here is why:
My 3ds does not seem to find attwifi at all (while my other devices can). here is my configfile for hostapd(if it is usefull):

#change wlan0 to your wireless device
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=attwifi
bridge=br0
hw_mode=g
channel=6
auth_algs=1
wpa=0
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
macaddr_acl=1
wmm_enabled=0

Thanx in advance:)

edit:
I red somewhere that it could be my DNS server, i try to change this to 8.8.8.8 but it is an pain in the *ss to do this in an virtual linux

edit2:
Ok whatever I do, i can't get my DNS to change. my tablet stills says attwifi is on 192.168.0.1, while linxu says it should be 127.0.01 and I entered 8.8.8.8, sombody has any clues?
Try using the new one, it's a easy to use single script that does everything for you

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the people who have problems getting game specific streetpass info, I know how to get it. I used to stumble on that problem as well and was at a loss at first as well. But I experimented and found out that you do get them when your queue is full with Mii's (with normal streetpasses for Mii Plaza), then just keep your 3DS in sleep mode and you will still be getting streetpasses, but this time with game specific stuff! It still goes kinda slow, only one per Mii and sometimes only for one game until the queue for that game is full, but you will surely get it.

This started to work this way since they changed the number of SPs you get per MAC address to 6.

I tried this and now I seem to get stuck at a max of 9 waiting at my gate. I've tried this at home and in the wild. Once I hit 9, the light will not turn green again until I clear them out, no matter how many MACs I cycle. Still no Shadow Links, even though 4 of the 9 visitors had last played that.

This is getting frustrating.

I even had a theory when I realized that the Shadow Links stopped working when I got a 32 gig SD card a week after starting the game. After reading an article, I realized that I copied everything over to the new card without initializing it first. So I backed it up, formatted the card, then copied everything back to the new folders that the system created. All my saves and Mii Plaza items are there safe and sound, but I'm still capped at 9 Mii Plaza guests and still no Shadow Links.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But like some people told me here there is no point in using a cycler since you can only get 10 people on mii plaza. Just manually cycle through some macs and get the hits you need sometimes with the right hardware some cycler can break something in windows and you wont be able to connect.
I might try this again, but I still need someone to verify my procedure:
[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried this and now I seem to get stuck at a max of 9 waiting at my gate. I've tried this at home and in the wild. Once I hit 9, the light will not turn green again until I clear them out, no matter how many MACs I cycle. Still no Shadow Links, even though 4 of the 9 visitors had last played that.

This is getting frustrating.

I even had a theory when I realized that the Shadow Links stopped working when I got a 32 gig SD card a week after starting the game. After reading an article, I realized that I copied everything over to the new card without initializing it first. So I backed it up, formatted the card, then copied everything back to the new folders that the system created. All my saves and Mii Plaza items are there safe and sound, but I'm still capped at 9 Mii Plaza guests and still no Shadow Links.

I had that once or twice as well, just open and close your 3DS to get the game SPs, or have you tried that as well? I sometimes need to open close a few times to get them.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I might try this again, but I still need someone to verify my procedure:
[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay
You did everything okay but i dont use the keyusage=persistent. Did you enter the subnetmask 255.255.255.0 in your 3ds?
If it connects then thats okay like i said change with macshift in cmd one address and then see whats happening, test the connection. No need to let it cycle through 10 addresses. And use manual for now, dont use macyclers.

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I need a little help.
I managed to kludge together a network but I'm not quite there.
Here's a little diagram:

KVwaqIM.png

The main router is connected to a different room which I don't have access to. My laptop is connected to it and thus the internet, a connection is shared with a second router which is set to attwifi and MAC 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46, an internet connection is recognized by the 3DS (as well as my second computer) but I'm not getting any Street Passers.
I checked on my other computer and Router2's MAC address appears to be its original and not the spoof.
Any suggestions?

LGk2oLu.png

j3mXGhp.png

2PwTANo.png

aLDNKJw.png

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if there's no setting for WLAN MAC change the router's no good for me?

Looks like my specific model isn't DD-WRT compatible...

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a USB Wireless Adapter, Windows 7, and active internet connection. Do I create a new wireless network named "Wi-Fi" with an SSID named "attwifi"?

You will need to create a wireless hotspot using the USB wireless adaptor that has a SSID of "attwifi", it is not necessary to rename the connection as "Wi-Fi". Next share your internet connection from the network adaptor that you used to connect to the internet to the wireless hotspot. You then setup a new internet connection on your 3DS for the wireless hotspot that you have created and test to see if you can connect to the internet via the hotspot. To cycle through the mac addresses you will use a program called macshift, you can either do this via a command prompt window or use one of the mac cycle programs that people on the forums have developed.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Open up a command prompt window with administrator privileges and enter the following command.

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password

Replace "password" with something of your choosing or you can leave it as it is, this will be the password set for the wireless hotspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2j_GPIqRA +1