United Kingdom
Reactions: jeannotte

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That is only the case if the retail games are from the same region. If not then cfw needs to be run.

Its also possible to play some games from your region with pirated dlc without cfw. I know its possible with Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-mario-kart-8-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.464407/
You can patch system.xml for region free and use https://github.com/marco-calautti/spiik, CFW is not strictly needed.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AmandaRose , the dlc that can run without cfw requires at least one dlc be free. it should work for any game that has that. you then have to transpose tickets, so that the first ticket is the free one. you can use my deleting a free ticket tutorial to get an idea of what to do, but those links you provided will also show you what to do. anyway, the reason this works is that Nintendo fucked up the ticket authentication system by only authenticating the first ticket for dlc for any game, so the other tickets for dlc can be fake, and the system won't know it. :D

Karstent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That is only the case if the retail games are from the same region. If not then cfw needs to be run.

Its also possible to play some games from your region with pirated dlc without cfw. I know its possible with Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros.
Newcomer here, I'm sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm a bit confused in regards to how you worded that comment. I am about to hack a brand new Wii U. I have already made all the preparations that come with it, too.

I only plan on installing eShop VC games into the console's NAND memory since I don't expect to go after any big game that would require the use of an external HDD, except for some exclusive ones such as Wind Waker HD and the like. Either way, I am confident I can still install them all inside the console.

Having said that, did you mean to say that eShop games from the same region as my console would need to run CFW every time I want to play them? Or is it the opposite?

And out of sheer curiosity, but what happens to the Haxchi DS game used to boot into CFW? Will it be rendered unusable in case I wanted to play just for the fun of it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, most eshop content requires cfw. the only stuff that doesn't is dlc that has a free dlc. you can transpose tickets in the slc to make all dlc for that game work for free without cfw.

most of the time, yes, the game will be rendered unusable. I don't think it will even work if copied or there's be a paradox or something. you could try it. use loadiine for that game if it doesn't work. loadiine is good for vc, since you can only have 292 games installed at one time unless you use the virtual wii and emunand.

Karstent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see, well now that's interesting. I was under the impression that only those games with DLC needed CFW to launch. That's good to know, since I was considering purchasing a DS game I liked when doing the exploit. In that case I will go after that-cheap-DS-game we all know about, and do CBHC afterwards. Just another question, but what would happen if I haven't launched CFW when I start a game that requires it? Just to test it out and see if I won't actually need it for the games I want.

I want to keep the installation as simple as possible, keeping all the games inside the console's memory without having to resort to external devices. Can't wait to get into it. Thanks for the help!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, it should say something about the user who bought the game not being on the system or something to that effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8