Homebrew How to play PS1 games on your DS(i) (DSTWO required)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello1236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using a DSi does not matter.
Try reformatting your flashcard's SD using this guide:
If this doesn't work, idk what else to do.
Ahh I just did that and it still doesn't work. I have no idea why. I know I am asking a lot, but if you could upload whats on your SD card exactly, maybe something is missing from the pack?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, this is pretty impressive. I didn't expect to read that a DS could play PS1 games.

I've got my Vita if I want to do that.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PSX emulated on DS: is it really possible? Even with that flashcart it looks incredible. 😲
Like forcing poor late Ayrton Senna to race on top of a tricycle.

a1bd9cbc4ec6851adcb7ccd3f1a8fb23ca2ba75e_hq (1).gif

Hello1236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it does, as the DSTWO(+) flashcard works there as well.
It sadly doesn't work, I have tested on two ds two cards it just doesn't work at all. Did you ever manage to get it working?
Post automatically merged:

@VatoLoco Could you help please I can't get it working - tested on two dstwo cards both go to black screen.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It sadly doesn't work, I have tested on two ds two cards it just doesn't work at all. Did you ever manage to get it working?

@VatoLoco Could you help please I can't get it working - tested on two dstwo cards both go to black screen.
Have you configured the emulator correctly? If not, then that's probably the issue.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How would one do that, when the emulator doesn't open?
Just guessing, that might be why.

You tried reformatting the SD card? Make sure that it's FAT32 (32kb cluster).

harlow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having the same issue as Hello1236, just a black screen when I load ds linux, I've tried on a blank SD card with DSTWO software and my standard one and got the issue on both.

Really would appreciate if you could copy the contents of an SD card where it works, but that I understand if thats too much work

Hello1236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still can't get this to work on my DSTWO (black screen). I have had this working on my Ismart MM card since 2015 though. I just posted footage of Spyro 3 (PSX) on my DSI to reddit (). I would love to also get this to work on the DS Two but it seems impossible for me. Any help would be appreciated.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love it if we got a DS/DSi flashcart that had an FPGA chip that could take in FPGA cores, similar to the analogue pocket. Then we could get nearly-flawless game system replication. I wouldn't even care how much the cart sticks out of the system to make it happen either. Hell, stick the extra 8MB of RAM in that bitch too, just for good measure.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Hello1236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love it if we got a DS/DSi flashcart that had an FPGA chip that could take in FPGA cores, similar to the analogue pocket. Then we could get nearly-flawless game system replication. I wouldn't even care how much the cart sticks out of the system to make it happen either. Hell, stick the extra 8MB of RAM in that bitch too, just for good measure.
I’m going to try again tonight to get it to work on my DSTwo to see if it’s any better than on my IsmartMM, but each time I try on my DSTwo I get a black screen when opening the Linux.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m going to try again tonight to get it to work on my DSTwo to see if it’s any better than on my IsmartMM, but each time I try on my DSTwo I get a black screen when opening the Linux.
You should try these settings for psx4all :

Show FPS : OFF
Set NULL GPU : ON
Cycle Multiplier : 4

For your DSTwo, it looks like two kinds of bugs, in order :

1. Try this solution to fix your DSTwo Linux :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-ps1-games-on-your-ds-i-dstwo-required.576668/#post-9258120

2. if the first solution doesn't wortk try to reformat your sd card and reinstall DSTwo Linux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...