Hacking How to propely delete a game ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know. You will answer system settings but. Let me explain.
I installed 3D World with WUPInstaller cuz i had to delete it for some reason.
I restored my savegame right after installing game, without playing to create another save before. And i think that's where the problem is.
Now, when i want to boot gamen i got an error (199-9998) and i got one too when i want to uninstall the game (i don't have err code for this one) but i can always access to what's inside the game (it tells me there is the game and saves but they aren't dated)
So that's why i'm asking. How to delete it now ? Will delete the mlc/title/00050000/10145d00 folder be good ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the location will still be in the metadata indexer. I'm not sure how to correct that. I'm not sure if anyone knows how to remove an entry from that file.

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. You will answer system settings but. Let me explain.
I installed 3D World with WUPInstaller cuz i had to delete it for some reason.
I restored my savegame right after installing game, without playing to create another save before. And i think that's where the problem is.
Now, when i want to boot gamen i got an error (199-9998) and i got one too when i want to uninstall the game (i don't have err code for this one) but i can always access to what's inside the game (it tells me there is the game and saves but they aren't dated)
So that's why i'm asking. How to delete it now ? Will delete the mlc/title/00050000/10145d00 folder be good ?
Try to delete, redownload and reinstall

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u have a question mark tile now with the name being ??? it's the indexer that's the problem then. I don't know how to delete a game from it. I don't know if any research has been done on it. for example, mocha still has u install a game via wup, then transfer to a fat 32 drive, assuming u want to use one, so that suggests not a lot of information about the indexer is known. otherwise, we could potentially inject games into it without the need to install them.

Reactions: Mat37

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do u have a question mark tile now with the name being ??? it's the indexer that's the problem then. I don't know how to delete a game from it. I don't know if any research has been done on it. for example, mocha still has u install a game via wup, then transfer to a fat 32 drive, assuming u want to use one, so that suggests not a lot of information about the indexer is known. otherwise, we could potentially inject games into it without the need to install them.
But ... What file is the indexer ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone told me it was on the root of the slc and it's obvious by the name. I don't know if that's true since I've never looked for it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u may have to format the system to get rid of it which means the seeprom will have increased by one and none of your games on usb will work. back up your saves before trying this if u do try it.

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
u may have to format the system to get rid of it which means the seeprom will have increased by one and none of your games on usb will work. back up your saves before trying this if u do try it.
I have no games on usb for now, but if i format i'll have to redownload games, reinstall, reinject mods and blabla, i'll do that only if nothing other works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I moved game to usb, and it was able to delete it fine, anyways thank you :)

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_