How to Remove My NNID From My Wii U?

KenYue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I want to move to Pretendo Network, but doing so requires creating a new user.
So how do I remove my NNID on my Wii U without affecting my game saves?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why do you want to remove your NNID? You would lose all the games you bought with it.
Just create a new user and copy the saves over using save mii or something like that

Reactions: ChibiMofo

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why do you want to remove your NNID?
Probably to relink the user with Pretendo, so to switch without having to backup and restore all saves.

There seems to be some way to unlink the NNID described here but it didn't work for me when I tried it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/deleting-wii-u-user-without-nid-password.493387/post-10192667 - Also not even sure if it would work to relink a PNID after that even if it would have worked as expected, so make sure to take save backups and stuff none the less and be prepared for data loss.

Maybe @NinStar knows more about if this method could be used to relink or if this is a bad idea to begin with.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably to relink the user with Pretendo, so to switch without having to backup and restore all saves.

There seems to be some way to unlink the NNID described here but it didn't work for me when I tried it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/deleting-wii-u-user-without-nid-password.493387/post-10192667 - Also not even sure if it would work to relink a PNID after that even if it would have worked as expected, so make sure to take save backups and stuff none the less and be prepared for data loss.

Maybe @NinStar knows more about if this method could be used to relink or if this is a bad idea to begin with.
Only one user in the thread used it to relink a Nintendo Network account to Pretendo Network, and according to them it worked. I originally posted it for those who wanted to remove an account from their console or use it without anything linked to it, so I can't really tell if it would be a reliable method for anything else since that's a scenario I didn't test myself.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you even have to do this? If you turn pretendo on you can just make a new user directly from the home menu and then link that to the PNID. This will reshuffle all the games but leave the NNID user account fully intact and untouched, and you'll be able to switch back and forth freely.

If this affects saves you should be able to just backup the saves from the NNID user account and then write it back while logged into the PNID user account.

Edit: You can also save the password of both users so you don't have to enter it every time you swap, so be sure to check that option or else it'll get annoying fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1