MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
so correct me if im wrong but you can still play backup games, downloaded roms, etc, on a PSP with OFW? O.o?

so i'd get a PSP 3000 or a Go from a retail store in some days, and it'd be V6.36+ (v6.36 is the 1st of the ones that could not be hacked [still]) i could still play downloaded games?

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
so correct me if im wrong but you can still play backup games, downloaded roms, etc, on a PSP with OFW? O.o?

so i'd get a PSP 3000 or a Go from a retail store in some days, and it'd be V6.36+ (v6.36 is the 1st of the ones that could not be hacked [still]) i could still play downloaded games?

Yep, but of course you have to convert them and they have to be under 728mb in ISO form before you convert them, in order for them to work.

Oh and BTW, v6.36 can be downgraded to v6.35 which can then be downgraded to v6.20, which can then be fully hacked.
wacko.gif

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
a 9g can never be fully hacked AFAIK?

V6.36 is possible to downgrade? what about the others? and you know what are the chances of if i get a psp 3000/go at a retail store, it coming with V6.37+?>.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankenstein Tank said:
RoboticBuddy said:

Use this method to sign your downloaded Homebrew applications or games.

1.) Download PSCrypter Signed 2.0 (WILL ADD DOWNLOAD LINK NEXT WEEK.)

2.) After downloading the compressed file, extract the
"PSCRYPTER_v2.0_signed" folder to the /PSP/Game/ Folder of your PSP.

3.) Place the EBOOT.pbp file you want to sign in the "Sign" folder.

4.) Disconnect your PSP from your computer, and on your PSP, go to

Games, then open the Memory Card.
Load "PSPCRYPTER", and wait until it goes back to the XMB Menu.

5.) Plug your PSP back into your computer, open up
/PSP/Game/PSCRYPTER_v2.0_signed/sign.
You will see your EBOOT.pbp file, but it is now signed.

6.) Create a new folder in the "Game" folder, accordingly to the Game that you
have signed. For example, I signed "Super Mario War", and then I created a folder named "Super Mario War".

Enjoy your newly signed PSP homebrew app/game!
psp.gif

NOTE: For some weird reason, my downloaded and signed "Super Mario War" will not boot because it is corrupted. Please report if you have the same problem. Thanks.
[/p]

Also, I believe the EBOOT.pbp file must be smaller than 4mb in order to sign it.

Nice guide overall.

Okay, will add that to the guide.

And thanks!

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished editing "Method 2 (Signing Homebrew on a PSP):" in "Installing/Playing EBOOT.pbp".

Thank you and good night.

EDIT: Sorry about the triple-post. :ashamed:

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is AWESOME. Thanks for this. I dont have a PSPgo but im very curious, would this psx eboots on the psp go? To the extent of my knowledge this wasnt previously possible.

This should come in handy, just got a psp 3000 from ebay...who knows what FW the seller put on there -_____-

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rabbi Nevins said:
this is AWESOME. Thanks for this. I dont have a PSPgo but im very curious, would this psx eboots on the psp go? To the extent of my knowledge this wasnt previously possible.

This should come in handy, just got a psp 3000 from ebay...who knows what FW the seller put on there -_____-

Thank you! Are you asking if this will sign PSX EBOOTs? I'm not to sure, because it can on sign, for the Installing ISOs part, games under 720 MB.

I was thinking of loading PSX EBOOTs from Half-Byte Loaer (Found in First Post). I'm not to sure if that will work, though.

EDIT: Found a PSX Emulator: remove link because it linked to a BIOS file. Just search "PSX-P Beta 1"

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a new method per se....it's using NP_v9 instead of NP_v5...so instead of a Demo you're using a game you've bought from the PSN and it's associated license file and doing the same splicing. That's why it'll only work for the person who bought the original game because of the license file being tied to that PSP...although obviously there's game sharing.

I think MHP3 is supposed to be pretty big and good for this, but unsurprisingly most people are using NP_v5 as it doesn't involve a purchase. Slightly tragic....

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Rydian said:
And I'm assuming it only works on your own system?
My guess is, it works on any system as long as you have your PSN account activated and have the game in your MS.

But I might be wrong.

Yeah, from what I read it only works if you have your PSN account activated and you purchased the PSN game because each system gets a different license associated with that system. That license is then used in fake_np_v9 which is why people cannot share the license. It didn't matter with fake_np_v5 because it used a demo header which could be used by anybody.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
SOURCE: http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/05/02/iso-to...1-975-released/

I've no intentions of making a tut on this, since it's all in the source (and I'm too lazy)
tongue.gif

And I apologize for all caps on LEGIT/BOUGHT. I wanted to emphasize that part.

Yes, I was planning to put ISO Tool, quoted, in my guide. But I do believe that you must have (a) downloaded game(s) off the Playstation Store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi!