Gaming How to save a Pokemon heart Gold bootleg's save file?

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look I know that sounds stupid but I was backing up a friend's brother's HG game with my 3ds and GM9 I noticed there was no save file so I restarted the system and booted up the game. There was the save file. No problem just boot it up to make sure it is actually working.. and black screen. Looked into it apparently that's a problem with bootlegs and after looking over this cart it is a bootleg, a convincing bootleg, but still a bootleg. I tried to back up the save with checkpoint, that backup was apparently garbo as DeSmuME doesn't even pretend it is there.
This save file has over 95 hours and 89 pokemon collected. I don't want to go to this poor kid and tell him 95 hours of his life went completely to waist and now he has to start over. I will bend over backwards to get this fixed.
If the old save can't be fixed on the cart maybe a way to get the save file backed up to a playable state to use on an r4 or with Twilight loader ++. IDK man I'm so stressed about this.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could open it up to see if there's an SD card inside, albeit have fun putting it back together
I can't think of any better way for you to draw the save file off though... A majority of NDS bootlegs have an SD card inside, so you can give it a shot

HALT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To fix this you need to start a new game until the player shows up soft reset by pressing l+r+start+select then you can continue the save file... I found this after much much more searching.
so thank you to everyone who posted a reply for your help.

UndeadSoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To fix this you need to start a new game until the player shows up soft reset by pressing l+r+start+select then you can continue the save file... I found this after much much more searching.
so thank you to everyone who posted a reply for your help.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I had the same problem with my own where it would stop working on my 3ds and DS lite but would work on my friends 3ds. This solution just fixed the problem entirely for my. Again, thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P