Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do you even need to uninstall it ? I mean, the new update overwrites the files, so uninstalling isn't needed. Anyones free to correct me, but I think it is this way.

and yes max, you got it right
biggrin.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
So... new CFW for 6.39 from what ive read some posts above? or i understood it incorrectly?It's just a port of PRO to 6.39. It's non-permanent just like 6.35, so 6.20 users can stay on the 6.20 version.

QUOTE(hunter291 @ May 29 2011, 05:40 PM) do you even need to uninstall it ? I mean, the new update overwrites the files, so uninstalling isn't needed. Anyones free to correct me, but I think it is this way.
If they all used the same files, then yes. But it's not worth the risk for those who can't pandora.

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed the guide to install 6.20 PRO-B6 Perm up to the point where I've just updated my OFW to 6.20 and placed the 6.20 PRO-B update folder and the Perm folder into my memory stick. For some reason, when I try to run the update file, my PSP goes to a black screen and nothing happens. Anyway to fix this?

I previously had 5.50 Prometheus installed. I used Hellcat's to downgrade to 5.00 just like in this guide, then updated to 6.20.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im following the guide for downgrading to a clean version of 5.00 but when i use the downgrader, it didnt give me that original firmware install option, im currently using the Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v. 1.65

At this point what would be the best CFW to upgrade to? Promtheus? the PRO series? TN? Advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Twoacross said:
Im following the guide for downgrading to a clean version of 5.00 but when i use the downgrader, it didnt give me that original firmware install option, im currently using the Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v. 1.65You have to run it with a certain button combination to enable advanced mode.

QUOTE(Twoacross @ May 30 2011, 03:03 AM) At this point what would be the best CFW to upgrade to? Promtheus? the PRO series? TN? Advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
http://gbatemp.net/t293435-the-psp-in-prof...choices-of-toda

EDIT: And yeah, I'll update to 6.39, because it's for the same features as 6.35 as far as hackability goes, and more people looking to hack will be on it or have access to it.

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the program to downgrade but my firmware didnt change...then when i try to do it again the install original thingy whatever it is,isnt there
frown.gif

EDIT: Nvrm

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i'm on system software 4.05 is that good or should i update it? using this hack.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i update it with this If you are currently on an older CUSTOM/HACKED firmware. or this one

6.20 PRO-B6 (permanent) installation.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Frankenstein Tank said:
Snailface said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
I installed PRO-B5 not that long ago, with no problems, and was wondering how I would go about installing PRO-B6. Do, I just have to uninstall PRO-B5 and then install PRO-B6? Also, I have a PSPgo if that matters.
Run the perma b5 patch again, it'll give you the option to uninstall -- do it.
Then install and run the b6 'update' lcfw first, then run the b6 perma patch. Done.

Alright, thank you. Gonna do that right now.

EDIT: Worked perfectly.

Same story here....installed 6.20 PRO B5 not so long ago, everything works fine besides a couple of games ( Star Soldier and Xyanide Resurrection ).
I don't feel very comfortable performing the re installation of the custom firmware to be updated at PRO-B6.
Is there any valid reason to update, or is it mainly aimed at supporting the 6.39 firmware ?
This is a tad confusing, any help would greatly appreciated !

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DJPlace said:
should i update it with this If you are currently on an older CUSTOM/HACKED firmware. or this one

6.20 PRO-B6 (permanent) installation.
It should be fine to go straight to the 6.20 PRO-B6 (permanent) installation.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need a memory card to do any of this? (i'm getting one later on tonight just in case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo