Hacking how to softmod xbox 360

loop04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am completely new to soft modding and need a tutorial that teaches a person like me who knows nothing about this how to start hacking my xbox. And can I keep live if I do hack it?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep live I'd suggest doing the Dvd fw hack. Go to Jungeflasher site and get the guide on how to there, you can also go onto their irc if you have any questions.

bpear96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loop04 said:
I am completely new to soft modding and need a tutorial that teaches a person like me who knows nothing about this how to start hacking my xbox. And can I keep live if I do hack it?
Lol.. sorry to tell you but there is no soft mod for the xbox 360, only options i know of are,
  • If your xbox 360 is on kernal 7371 or less it is jtagable: which means you can run unsigned code , games off hdd without disc etc. homebrew
  • If not, you can use the RGE on it, which requires soldering a CMOD chip and flashing and dumping the nand some how: This can run unsigned code but only from XELL so no xbox 360 games are playable from disc or hdd yet, just homebrew and linux, but a rebooter is coming soon and this will be the equivalent of a jtag
  • another option for if you just want to play backup games is
    DISC Flash your drive with LT+ firmware, which depending what your drive is can require different things. THIS OPTION is the most safe to play on live
    HDD Look into the xkey and the wasabi360

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bpear96 said:
loop04 said:
Lol.. sorry to tell you but there is no soft mod for the xbox 360, only options i know of are,
  • If your xbox 360 is on kernal 7371 or less it is jtagable: which means you can run unsigned code , games off hdd without disc etc. homebrew
  • If not, you can use the RGE on it, which requires soldering a CMOD chip and flashing and dumping the nand some how: This can run unsigned code but only from XELL so no xbox 360 games are playable from disc or hdd yet, just homebrew and linux, but a rebooter is coming soon and this will be the equivalent of a jtag
  • another option for if you just want to play backup games is
  • Flash your drive with LT+ firmware, which depending what your drive is can require different things. THIS OPTION is the most safe to play on live
  • Look into the xkey and the wasabi360
softmod is the dvd firmware hack

hardmod is anything that you need to solder onto the board

Reactions: Margen67

bpear96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

Yeah i guess so, but i consider softmod like the wii, where no disassembling is required. To flash a dvd fw, accept for the benq all require additional tools im pretty sure?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bpear96 said:
Joe88 said:

Yeah i guess so, but i consider softmod like the wii, where no disassembling is required. To flash a dvd fw, accept for the benq all require additional tools im pretty sure?
Actually, the only things I needed to hack my Hitachi was a cd rw and a sata cable, I used my xbox to power to drive though it's better using a tool for that.

The only hard thing was the dissembling, which was my first time ever doing so
tongue.gif

Though each drive differs.

loop04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
If you want to keep live I'd suggest doing the Dvd fw hack. Go to Jungeflasher site and get the guide on how to there, you can also go onto their irc if you have any questions.

But the jungle flasher guide tells me to take appart my xbox and mess with it is there any way that i can hack it without having to take it appart?

robolee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
loop04 said:
Nujui said:

But the jungle flasher guide tells me to take appart my xbox and mess with it is there any way that i can hack it without having to take it appart?

all source will lead u to take apart your xbox. its a must
rolleyes.gif

Reactions: Margen67

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could do the non-jtag stuff. Which would allow you to do everything, minus playing burned games. And there's the threat of getting banned, but if that doesn't get to you. You're fine. It also doesn't require you to open up your 360.

loop04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
You could do the non-jtag stuff. Which would allow you to do everything, minus playing burned games. And there's the threat of getting banned, but if that doesn't get to you. You're fine. It also doesn't require you to open up your 360.

What are the non jtag stuff? please be simple im very new to this

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bpear96 said:
Joe88 said:

alot of people thing that way but easy way to remember it

softmod
modifying the software (this includes custom firmware, flashing, plug and play devices, may or may not require opening the hardware, ect...)

hardmod
modifying the hardware (includes modchips, soldered and solderless)

Reactions: Margen67 and Masema

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.