Hacking How to start downloaded .wad files trough SD channel (Wii 4.3E)

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello another question here. Hope it is not a n00b one though.

But i have some .wad files (Mario 2, Mario 3 etc.) I know how to install them in my System Menu.
But is there also a way that i can copy them on my SD and start them from the SD card menu? (without using my Wii that is)

Again, if this is already asked/ answered sorry.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can install them as normal channels, then you should be able to go into data management and move them to sd card.

edit - for some reason your post made more sense after i hit the submit button..

(without using my Wii that is) - if that means not doing what i said, then afaik there is no way

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah i know that :). But the problem is i have a 100+ channels :P... so that would be a long ride. I believe and see a lot of movies that people "just copy paste" them on the SD with a Windows machine and they somehow work. Or am i mistaken then?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant do that with a wad, and i'm not sure if its even possible if you haven't at least had the channel on your system at least once, but if you can find files that are ordered in a manner such as

\private\wii\title\TITLENAME\.bin, then its a possiblilty

or look into nand emulation :D

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm... that makes sense.
But when i copy a WAD file in the Wiisd folder it says that it is not supported.

Copying an installed game also makes a .bin file.

Sigh... if i only could make a Nand dump :P... (which i cannot do because my Boot2 is messed up)

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In order to make a nand dump all you need is the homebrew channel... You should be able to use the following app:

https://sites.google...fsd-nand-dumper

In order for the virtual nand to work with wiiflow you need a full dump... When I used Mighty channels I didn't need the full dump... but wiiflow has a better interface IMO.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... that makes sense.
But when i copy a WAD file in the Wiisd folder it says that it is not supported.

Copying an installed game also makes a .bin file.

Sigh... if i only could make a Nand dump :P... (which i cannot do because my Boot2 is messed up)

You can still make a nand dump from bootmii as an IOS i believe, use the hackmii installer and install bootmii/ios

actually I think there's other homebrew applications that can do a nand dump i believe. Idk I've never done nand emulation :P

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try that.

Hackmii installer does not work because it checks what version of BOOT2 is installed. Since mine is messed up and i have no Infectus i'll have to live with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...