How to update Autoplugin 2?

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do I just uninstall the old one and install the newest VPK? Will the new version know which plugins I installed with the old version?

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, it's easier for me. Should it be OK to update it this way? Will the new version have any log on which plug-ins I installed through the old version?

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It was not clear to me that Autoplugin II creates trouble. Didn‘t for me so far. Can I just uninstall it and the sonar installed plugins will remain in the tai-folder? How do I update in the future?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was not clear to me that Autoplugin II creates trouble. Didn‘t for me so far. Can I just uninstall it and the sonar installed plugins will remain in the tai-folder? How do I update in the future?
I’ve not had any issues with Autoplugin II either but if I had to guess I would suspect that manually deploying means you know exactly how the plug-in gets installed so you have more control and can stop doing something if it’s going to have an impct and you also know exactly what you did to roll it back. I suspect that if you ran in and started mashing plug-ins like a drunken monkey you could mess yourself up in short order and not know how to get back. This probably creates quite a bit of unnecessary troubleshooting.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve not had any issues with Autoplugin II either but if I had to guess I would suspect that manually deploying means you know exactly how the plug-in gets installed so you have more control and can stop doing something if it’s going to have an impct and you also know exactly what you did to roll it back. I suspect that if you ran in and started mashing plug-ins like a drunken monkey you could mess yourself up in short order and not know how to get back. This probably creates quite a bit of unnecessary troubleshooting.
Autoplugin is fine... Used it for years... If it works for forget the drama & just use it

Reactions: Starry_Night

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always did things manually, but I found AutoplugII kind of convenient for just updating the plugins I'd already installed.

The recent "blocking" issue hasn't affected me yet.

I'll always manually sort my config file... mainly because my OCD doesn't like the messy way Autoplug leaves it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind people using autoplugin II, but what I have a problem with is that devs have made this so easy, yet people still complain that they messed up their system or that things aren't easy enough. I've been a part of most scenes since near the beginning, and they have no idea what a pita some scenes, like the vita one, were back then. there does come a time when devs have made it too easy, and if you can't figure it out, you should just go legit.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what's the final verdict on this? Let's say autoplugin 2 has an update and I'm still on version 1.26, what do I do here just delete autoplugin 2 app and grab the latest vpk? Edit: nvm it updated itself in the app.

How about the GTA SA ps vita port, how do I update that as well if a new version just comes out? Just same as above delete app and install new vpk?

Sorry I'm still noob with the vita modding stuff and I'm just a pleb. But I can read and follow instructions and I'm very cautious not to take stupid risks that lead to a brick haha I think :(. I also know that outdated stuff causes problems. Please help me thanks

Also does anyone know how to do a nand backup for PS vita, like with the 3ds and Wii U incase it ever bricks I can recover it if I have the backup files and you guys can help me.

I use PKGj so you guys already know what I am, but I'm still grateful for the help and it's a very helpful community.

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS