Tutorial How to use devMenu on 4.0.0 - 5.1.0. (Offline)

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I also did the update without burning fuses guide for 3.0.1 to 5.1.0 and got this in the hekate_ipl.ini:
Code:
[LayeredFS]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/fs_mitm.kip
kip1=FS510-exfat_nocmac_nogc.kip1
atmosphere=1

Of course you should have FS510-exfat_nocmac_nogc.kip1 in the root of your microSD card (but you should have that already if you followed the guide).
I cannot confirm that the GC actually has not been updated as I haven't gone back to 3.0.1 and tested, but it boots fine this way and everything works.
I did it with ReiNX payload that has exFAT support for 4.1 and it's working great.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I update the games not the system. Mario Tennis need 5.1?
I guess. The only way to play a game for a newer version, is to update. When emunand is a thing, this may change.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

already exists devmenu.nsp fully functional. much easier to install
It is hard to find. I have access to one, so I will update the guide soon.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, did everything what mentioned in this Post.

Im on 5.0.1
My guess is either the file is corrupt (bad internet/interrupted download), or you aren't using sig patches (that shouldn't give an error though). Also, wth is going on with your nationality!
Your profile pic is the German flag, your chosen flag is the Gambian flag, and your chosen location is Indonesia lmao:rofl:

Reactions: Garou and Testo90

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My guess is either the file is corrupt (bad internet/interrupted download), or you aren't using sig patches (that shouldn't give an error though). Also, wth is going on with your nationality!
Your profile pic is the German flag, your chosen flag is the Gambian flag, and your chosen location is Indonesia lmao:rofl:
Got it to work ;)

Haha back in the days when Facebook Fake accounts were trendy. That’s why everything is mixed up.

I love all nationalities

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So...i need the latest sd files from tomger and must replace your atmosphere folder from your zip file? And the latest hekate payload was the version 3.2 right?

But there is one problem i have with the actual existing custom firmwares. The games i have installed will not stay on the console after a complete reboot.

maso89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to install devmenu on 4.1, when launching layeredfs the switch is stuck on the nintendo logo, am i missing something?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is frustrating...I have been trying for the longest time to install a few games with devmenu yet all i get is error failed to install 0x00244802 and i have no idea what is going on! I'm on 5.01 for the record, using this hulu method

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is frustrating...I have been trying for the longest time to install a few games with devmenu yet all i get is error failed to install 0x00244802 and i have no idea what is going on! I'm on 5.01 for the record, using this hulu method
It is most likely the nsp source. If it was devMenu, it most likely wouldn't even boot. You never know though.

Im trying to install devmenu on 4.1, when launching layeredfs the switch is stuck on the nintendo logo, am i missing something?
It is most likely layeredfs. Try a few more times, make sure you are using the newest hekate, and aren't selecting the old layered. Do all this, and if you can't resolve it, we can take things from there.

So...i need the latest sd files from tomger and must replace your atmosphere folder from your zip file? And the latest hekate payload was the version 3.2 right?

But there is one problem i have with the actual existing custom firmwares. The games i have installed will not stay on the console after a complete reboot.
That shouldn't be a problem with atmosphere from what I know. If it is, it isn't a problem I can solve, as the sig patches wouldn't be the issue.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Hey there, today I got the same error, but got around it by renaming the NSP file, mine was named "name of the game _subtitle_ [id of the game].nsp", I just named it short and without special characters and it installed perfectly.

I update the games not the system. Mario Tennis need 5.1?

There is a new working method to install the games and make them work (some of them need 5.0+ but can be modified to make them work on 4.1), the thread with the tutorial is here.

Reactions: crisash

maso89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is most likely layeredfs. Try a few more times, make sure you are using the newest hekate, and aren't selecting the old layered. Do all this, and if you can't resolve it, we can take things from there.

Just tried launching layeredfs 3 more times, still getting stuck on the logo. Currently on 4.1 and installed the exfat driver with an exfat formatted sd.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think MMXLC2 is that long of a name... And i know for sure i'm running the latest hekate
As long as tinfoil download is disabled, and nsp repack is enabled, it works for me. Not sure what the problem is. I am actually going to create a testing discord just for this stuff.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as tinfoil download is disabled, and nsp repack is enabled, it works for me. Not sure what the problem is. I am actually going to create a testing discord just for this stuff.

Got both of those options that way(Tinfoil disabled, NSP repack enabled), i really don't know what the problem could be either. I tried to see if the issue was my SD card but i downloaded a legit game iown onto it no problem

maso89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still cannot get layeredfs to launch properly, getting stuck on logo. using exfat update on 4.1 and selecting the correct layeredfs option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1