Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing the hex editor is the same as a rom editor v0.5?
Or is a rom editor v0.5 the same as the rom patcher v0.6? Sorry, the entirety of this is still confusing to me.

I still hav a series of F's in the Cart ID. And its a dumped rom of a retail cart. What am I doing wrong?

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you answer my original question?
Nvm! I finally understood and completed the header thing! THank you fellow gentlemen for having to listen to my yacking! :)

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That must be it, then. Using US rom on EU console. I'll get the v1.1 for Europe, then.

Anyone know if any of the .bin's posted in this thread are EU region?

It actually doesn't matter. I'm using an EU header on US roms and it works fine.

Reactions: Herobroski

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.2 made the 3ds screen thing freeze, and because of it, I cant update my pokemon because I would be directed to eshop to download it. If I injected my header on my pokemon game already, would it be safe to still update the game to 1.2 (Once Gateway does their decrpyting of 7.2)? Could it lead to any harm?

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Local multiplayer don't work with some Nintendo titles from different region than the console :
- Mario Kart 7
- Kirbi

So same region game will be fine to avoid this error message "An error as occured..." when try multiplayer even if online mode works.

NB: Mario Golf works in local multiplayer mode is region free.

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im asking if it is safe to update pokemon x after it has already been injected with a header.
Btw Bartimeaus, can you stop acting in a rash, immature and negative manner? Your 34... and your in a 3ds community. Why dont you speak with any touch of love?

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so I'm trying to play MK7 ROM online, and I've done all the steps in this thread. I also have a connection set up and working, but MK will not let me go online. It keeps saying 'you must accept the user agreement' even though I did that already. Any tips?

- check that you accepted nintendo's agreement (settings > Wifi). You may have to do it again if you're on emunand.
- use a Mario Kart rom matching your console's region
- be sure to have patched the mario kart header correctly
- your mario kart is up to date, with latest game version
- if your wifi setup is good, you should be able to play online now ;)

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im asking if it is safe to update pokemon x after it has already been injected with a header.
Btw Bartimeaus, can you stop acting in a rash, immature and negative manner? Your 34... and your in a 3ds community. Why dont you speak with any touch of love?

The reason is because when you don't get answers, you repost the questions repeatedly. Also, you keep on asking questions to which nobody can possibly have the answer to. That's why. I'm not being rash, immature nor negative. I'm just telling you the cold hard facts.

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, thank you for this tread and for the people who shared their headers. I'm playing MK7 online right now, and it was even easy to do so (for someone who is new to gateway and 3ds like me).

I have a little ''noob'' question: Can I install the mario kart channel with street and spotpass to my sd card? I mean do I need to be aware of updates etc. when I install it?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have (Physical cart-wise) Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Mario Kart 3DS (I also have digital titles...)

Can I take a header from a digital title?

Also, can I use one of those physical games and put them into pokemon x (scene rom) to work? Thanks.

Actually let me ask the following as well:

Can I take the headers from single-player only games and use them for online play in roms?

Also, can I take the header from one of my personal games and use them on multiple roms (for my own personal use?)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
use the program in the first post, it will auto correct the header to match the rom its being injected into.......everything you need to know is in the first post

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks guys, I got MK7 running smoothly on online. Now, this might sound noobish, but can someone explain to me why if others can't use a Pokemon ROM patched with v1.2 that was dumped with Gateway to go online? It is because the patch is device specific like the NAND?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there has been no pokemon cart made that has the 1.2 update built in, the only reason mario kart works is that nintendo made a revision of the game with 1.1 update built in.......dumping a pokemon cart will always result in a 1.0 dump, only way it would be possible is if the rom gets decrypted and has the patch applied manually, if the ability to install .cia content is enabled............or if gateway fix 7.x crypto for eshop access, but currently there is no way to do it except updating your systemnand to 7.2 downloading the update and using the nand hardware mod to downgrade back to 4.x and inject the new 7.2 nand to emunand

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make the old save file to work with the header-modified ROM?

At the moment, I don't believe so. It hit me pretty hard once I got to the elite four, then deleted the whole thing so I can get it to go online (You know, for when Eshop works again so I can actually grab the patch haha!)

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
(You know, for when Eshop works again so I can actually grab the patch haha!)
I don't think you understood what I was asking. There is one save file per header so if 5 ROMs have the same header they must use the same file. That makes it a "I-have-5-games-but-I-only-have-one-floppy-disk-to-keep-my-saves-on-and-the-floppy-can-only-hold-a-single-save" situation.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understood what I was asking. There is one save file per header so if 5 ROMs have the same header they must use the same file. That makes it a "I-have-5-games-but-I-only-have-one-floppy-disk-to-keep-my-saves-on-and-the-floppy-can-only-hold-a-single-save" situation.

Yeah, no. I'm not understanding at all. I use the same header for most of my games. No saving issue. Can you elaborate so that I can understand...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it looks dope
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy one those cheap Chinese units, you will see.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro have you seen the gfuel instagram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Speak and say as his first system.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total