Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is really confusing. So let me get this straight, if we inject our unique code from our rom we personally dumped, into the scene game (of the same size), we'll be able to go online and not get banned?

Nobody knows this, only time will tell us. This is just a potential precaution.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, open your own dump with it, pick extract header, then open a scene rom and pick inject header and select the header you extracted, it should prompt you to fix the header automatically, just pick yes

Reactions: Nightwish

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just saying, but for all those confused, you can use a header from any cart, from any region, as long as you use the tool provided in the first post. I'm personally using the header from a NA copy of Cooking Mama 4, even on EU and JP ROMs. If that doesn't tell you something about what you can use, I'm not sure what will. Also, I found that the Macronix chip flag is the most compatible, and worked for literally every game I tried it with, both Card1 and Card2. Of course, ymmv, but it's probably a pretty safe bet to use.

Reactions: Nightwish

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely understand. This is going to be my FOURTH TIME having to start my game over. I am pretty sick of Bravely Default at this point.

FOURTH?! Is there some kind of curse regarding Bravely Default and Gateway I should know about?

1) When moving from GW1.2 to 2.0b1/b2 the saves weren't compatible
2) When changing from EUR to US
3) When changing from US to JPN Uncensored version with English Text
4) When changing from 3ds to 3dz for online

So sounds 4 time save progress lost is doable.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I tried using the save file from here on GBATemp before online capability was added, so I could rebuild Norende in less than two full months in real time.

1st time, I played through the entire game on Normal, with only three villagers the entire game.

2nd time, I started over on Proud and was pretty close to the end of the game when Omega came out.

3rd time, I used the save file to start over with a ton of villagers.

Now, with online and having to convert to .3dz, I have to play through a fourth time, if I ever want to try fighting Nemeses.

guardianx71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Also, I tried using the save file from here on GBATemp before online capability was added, so I could rebuild Norende in less than two full months in real time.

1st time, I played through the entire game on Normal, with only three villagers the entire game.

2nd time, I started over on Proud and was pretty close to the end of the game when Omega came out.

3rd time, I used the save file to start over with a ton of villagers.

Now, with online and having to convert to .3dz, I have to play through a fourth time, if I ever want to try fighting Nemeses.
No you don't! I got all the nemesis (and a ton of villagers) through streetpass-homepass relay while on .3ds . You don't need full online capabilities for that. Just make sure that after you activate streetpass for BD , you also activate another one , as there is a problem and the last activated on doesn't receive any hits

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had zero luck setting up the StreetPass relay. Tried it with my laptop, my smartphone and my tablet, and failed.
I feel your pain, tried it with all 8 of my working laptops and both of my working desktops, no dice. I'm planning to get an RPi soon as an upgrade from arduino, so I'll try it again then.

guardianx71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
On a smartphone and tablet you would need to have data on (costs to much) and an app. The ones I tried were no good. But on a laptop you would only need a second (usb) wifi adapter or an ethernet connection + integrated adapter and a program tested and working by many. The cost is low for the adapter , so I would suggest you try again with that. You can find all the info and programs on the thread here

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So clarify for me... Size does not matter when using a game's header?
Also I would like to ask, Nintendo will most likely ban for the reason that multiple people will use a single header at one time, rather than the reason that a header was used by different IP addresses at different times? I ask this because I got a used resident evil revelations off of ebay and most assuredly it is used. But I just realized that I still might be banned if Ninty finds out I used a header from somebody else. Could I get some thoughts if it might happen?

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So clarify for me... Size does not matter when using a game's header?
Also I would like to ask, Nintendo will most likely ban for the reason that multiple people will use a single header at one time, rather than the reason that a header was used by different IP addresses at different times? I ask this because I got a used resident evil revelations off of ebay and most assuredly it is used. But I just realized that I still might be banned if Ninty finds out I used a header from somebody else. Could I get some thoughts if it might happen?

For the last time. Nobody knows for sure!!!! If you're really that paranoid and want to be safe... DON'T PLAY ONLINE

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy man! Alright thanks for the heads up.
@bartinues. Actually, can you answer my first question instead? The first questions more important.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P