Hacking How TX has fucked up every version of SX OS (strikes back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't circumventing the actions of a moderator against this site's rules? :unsure:

Anywho, your post fails to bring anything new to the conversation. Everyone already knows about the mistakes TX have made; listing them out does nothing.

Reactions: Lumince

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just curious how you can claim in 2.2 TX stole USB support from Tinfoil?

Tinfoil supports NSP installation OVER USB, FROM a PC. You cannot have the NSPs on a USB HDD or USB memory stick then connect the USB device to the Switch and install the NSP from there with TinFoil.

2.2 SX OS allows you to plug a USB HDD or USB stick direct to your Switch or to the dock and then RUN .XCI files DIRECT FROM THE USB DEVICE. Or Install NSP files DIRECT from the USB device. No PC host needed like TinFoil needs.

But let's not let facts get in the way of whining ok?

Last edited by gizmomelb,
Reactions: Meepers55

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
2.2 - ... did something that we saw coming for a while and stole USB support from Tinfoil.

I mean... I expected it to not be stolen code since it does load XCIs from USB.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look they didnt steal it! No need to be mad anymore @Essasetic !!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Better fix the first post!

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Honestly, as much as i dislike TX for their practices, threads like this serve only to inflate the "CFW wars" and that's something the scene does NOT need right now

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The stealing part. You talk all of this shit, yet you are pirating games as well??? I dont get people./QUOTE]

Why yes, we do steal games. But we aren't selling what we steal to other people now are we?
And THAT is the issue here, TX steals code and then sells it for a profit. Therefore the " Oh you're stealing games too" argument makes no sense

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm just curious how you can claim in 2.2 TX stole USB support from Tinfoil?

Tinfoil supports NSP installation OVER USB, FROM a PC. You cannot have the NSPs on a USB HDD or USB memory stick then connect the USB device to the Switch and install the NSP from there with TinFoil
I don't think OP (@Essasetic) has actually used that Tinfoil feature to know how it works.

You need a Type-A-to-Type-C USB cable to connect your Switch to your PC via USB, you don't directly connect a USB drive to your Switch.

There's a full video tutorial here on how to use Tinfoil's "USB support", it's way different how it works:

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Free open source CFW (ReiNX, RajNX, Atmosphere) > Paid CFW (SxOs)
This will never change.
It was always like this.
It's more transparent and everyone with enough knowledge improve them with custom stuff.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like somebody's been eating WAAAAmburgers and french cries. Excuse me while I go enjoy the awesomeness that is SX OS. Buh-bye...

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh look they didnt steal it! No need to be mad anymore @Essasetic !!!

Better fix the first post!
Fixed.

Sounds like somebody's been eating WAAAAmburgers and french cries. Excuse me while I go enjoy the awesomeness that is SX OS. Buh-bye...
Yeah go enjoy ahead and enjoy it. Add a pinch of ignorance and incompetence whilst you are at it.

Isn't circumventing the actions of a moderator against this site's rules? :unsure:

Anywho, your post fails to bring anything new to the conversation. Everyone already knows about the mistakes TX have made; listing them out does nothing.
Added 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2 if you haven't read anything. Each one includes new arguments (although 2.2 has been debunked)

To be fair. At least this thread didn't end up as bad as the last thread. Again if you don't like what you see completely ignore it. Trust me it's for my own and everyone else's here sake.

2.0.1 fixed all the issues related to FW 6.0.0
2.1 is a beta release and you're complaining about it being unstable and broken. Update works fine for me, just had issues with docked mode. Cheat feature worked as described. Also, "unstable" and "broken" doesn't really relate to "shit" or "obsolete".
2.2 an actual legitimate criticism.

There's ways to construct arguments against TX without sounding like you're hating just to hate or nitpicking.

Edit: USB wasn't actually stolen so in my opinion there's nothing to even complain about from 2.0.1 onwards. Not much point to this thread now as it doesn't actually add anything new.
I'll keep editing it with new releases. Besides 2.2 has only been out for a few hours. May be some CFW bugs within it.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. One of my main points is that they're stealing stuff that should be free. And charging for it.
Actually they are charging us to use their license key and Dongle everything they stole is just bundled up in their brand. Its still technically free software it just so happens to be utilized under a paid product

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually they are charging us to use their license key and Dongle everything they stole is just bundled up in their brand. Its still technically free software it just so happens to be utilized under a paid product
NSP Installer, Web Applet fixes, etc. All hidden behind a paywall and stolen from the public.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSP Installer, Web Applet fixes, etc. All hidden behind a paywall and stolen from the public.
Are you sure about that or are you just generalizing a paid product? XCI support was the only original paywall feature. NSP's not really that wasn't even a thing when the sxos was released stolen yes we known this for a couple of months now.

Reactions: ShadowOne333
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol