Homebrew Question How viable is a switch FTP client?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I'm interested in a switch FTP client homebrew app. I've been looking at the switch homebrew appstore code to see if I could modify it, but my coding skills are 2nd to none :P. Can anybody point me in the right direction to learn more about this? I'd love to learn more about how I could create an app like this

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it hard crashed the switch often, but it works

edit: nvm this post, thats what I get for skimminh

Last edited by Syynx,
D

Deleted User

Like the title says, I'm interested in a switch FTP client homebrew app. I've been looking at the switch homebrew appstore code to see if I could modify it, but my coding skills are 2nd to none :P. Can anybody point me in the right direction to learn more about this? I'd love to learn more about how I could create an app like this
it's already happened, both as a sysmodule and an hb app, the module is more stable to use that instead. you can even download files from switch with the module unlike the hb app

Reactions: APartOfMe

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The existing ones are ftp servers, which is the opposite end of the connection than the client, tho whether this matters from a user standpoint is debatable.

D

Deleted User

oh i forgot to mention the module never crashed for me, but the hb app did so much

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The existing ones are ftp servers, which is the opposite end of the connection than the client, tho whether this matters from a user standpoint is debatable.
Yeah. I'm looking to eauther use or create one that would connect the switch to a ftp server, rather than the switch itself being the server

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah. I'm looking to eauther use or create one that would connect the switch to a ftp server, rather than the switch itself being the server
Ok, well that hasn't been done so far, but it would be perfectly viable technically. I guess the interface could be reasonably useable given touchscreen controls, on-screen keyboard etc. Whether anyone will want to put the work into it is another question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1