Hardware How would you have felt if the the Nintendo Switch was called the Nintendo Swap?

Would it have made a difference if Nintendo called it the Swap?

• Yeah.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • idk maybe?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Go to hell.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if Nintendo used a word that means the exact same thing and is 2 letters shorter as the name for the NX, where you can SWAP between the TV and handheld? Would the NX have been received differently? Would it have been less appealing? Would it mean Nintendo couldn’t use the satisfying click sound everybody loves?

Last edited by aykay55,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swap doesn't sound like it can be a noun, Switch obviously does because of the obvious physical thing of a 'switch' which can be a noun in various ways before the Nintendo Switch existed, the obvious examples being things like light switches, but also including the physical object with which one used to whip slaves and the like (not a great example, but it's another physical object with that name all the same). To hear something is called the Nintendo Swap, my mind would immediately think, that this is not some sort of physical hardware but rather some sort of Nintendo service. So if the question is, were it between the 2 names, did Nintendo pick the more appropriate title? The answer is yes, absolutely. Switch is a great name for such a system and does not feel like the immediate failure of a system name that the Wii U was. Swap simply feels like another poor name choice like the Wii U, I mean it's probably a bit better of a name than Wii U, but it's still not a good name.

Reactions: aykay55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer