Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's hard to say how many pirated downloads would have equaled purchases if the option to pirate wasn't available. It's certainly less than many think, but I'm sure it's still significant.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Idiots that don't understand how piracy works. The temp never fails me.

Also, a new exploit will come. It's nothing new. One major exploit doesn't mean another won't come down the line.

Last edited by Kioku,
D

Deleted User

if you check twitter hackers are saying that they wont look into 3.0.1 so rather stay on 3.0

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a switch, don't really care to buy any game other then maybe Mario and Rabbids and Mario. But if I could pirate games then I'd be more inclined to play my switch.

Reactions: digipimp75

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is that DNS block ip still current and does it allow you to use the eshop?
dns ip block works still for blocking updates and no you can not access the eshop if you are not on 3.0.1 wait for stuff unfold and info will come out as soon as it is prepared for distrubution

Reactions: ploggy

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt say taking money.
If someone has the the intention to get a game without paying money, he tries to pirate it. If its not possible for him to pirate it, he still wouldnt pay the money.
I'd bet a large sum of money that if piracy weren't an option then people would by at least a significant portion of the games they download

D

Deleted User

is there any eta if they gonna push the exploit ? or is it a part of CTU ?

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this the new begging thread? are the people in gbtemp going to crucify the developers like they did with hykem? stay tuned for the next episode of gbatemp z

Reactions: digipimp75

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
is this the new begging thread? are the people in gbtemp going to crucify the developers like they did with hykem? stay tuned for the next episode of gbatemp z

Can I get a quick recap of that episode?

Edit: Nevermind, it was the WII U scene. Found it now.

Last edited by Killaclown,

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish soon we can use Android on Switch also : i love this machine.
Mine is 2.3 and i will stay there some time .
They are two "problems" mario+rabbits and mario odissey.Probably the first came
on lower fimware because it has been release to press some time ago,but i think the second will be which force a lot of people to update..

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No this is the, "I updated to play Splatoon 2 online and no longer have a vulnerable firmware but I don't mind waiting. I swear, it really doesn't bother me. Eventually an exploit will come out for firmware above 3.0.0. It totally won't be like PS3. I was thinking about buying another Switch anyways." thread.

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No this is the, "I updated to play Splatoon 2 online and no longer have a vulnerable firmware but I don't mind waiting. I swear, it really doesn't bother me. Eventually an exploit will come out for firmware above 3.0.0. It totally won't be like PS3. I was thinking about buying another Switch anyways." thread.
thank you

benjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Atleast in my case and surly in some others, Nintendo is profiting from piracy. Believe me, i would never have bought the switch, if their is no piracy on the horizon.
So in my case, atleast 400€ pure profit, thanks to the hacking community and piracy. (also bought Zelda)

Other people say they will buy a second switch for homebrew. That's insane.
I doubt that any rich people will start to pirate every game and wont buy anything as soon it is available. If so, you are the worst.

Piracy = Profit

Edit: I also recommend the switch and the new zelda to other people. Thats free promotion on top of all that. Some people might have bought it and also many games, just because me and piracy.^^

Last edited by benjo,
Reactions: ploggy

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If people want to be stuck not being able to play newer games, that's their thing.

Reactions: botossi

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atleast in my case and surly in some others, Nintendo is profiting from piracy. Believe me, i would never have bought the switch, if their is no piracy on the horizon.
So in my case, atleast 400€ pure profit, thanks to the hacking community and piracy. (also bought Zelda)

Other people say they will buy a second switch for homebrew. That's insane.
I doubt that any rich people will start to pirate every game and wont buy anything as soon it is available. If so, you are the worst.

Piracy = Profit

Edit: I also recommend the switch and the new zelda to other people. Thats free promotion on top of all that. Some people might have bought it and also many games, just because me and piracy.^^
Except it's not "pure profit," because you have to consider manufacuring cost. They probably made closer to €200 on you

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people want to be stuck not being able to play newer games, that's their thing.

The Switch has games? I didn't notice. :rofl2:

Seriously though. I can understand that people are excited for current and upcoming games. There are no games coming anytime soon that I can't wait to play. Mario Odyssey looks cool but I'm not a huge fan of 3D Mario games so I can wait. I already regret buying about half of the games I have. That being said you sound super salty.

Reactions: Tsubakiandou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny