Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm just waiting for the ability to backup my zelda saves that's all that I need ^^

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

rips that do not require 3.0.1 to run will work
online wont work on 3.0.0 FW
DLC on/past 3.0.1 that require a update will not work

info will be release soon that will be more in depth but for now wait for a release to come.

i think he knows more than much more of us

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Didn't some of the hackers say that homebrew isn't happening? Atleast it was some shortlived hype, hope too many people didn't buy switches on pre 3.0.1 expecting the rumors to come true.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't some of the hackers say that homebrew isn't happening? Atleast it was some shortlived hype, hope too many people didn't buy switches on pre 3.0.1 expecting the rumors to come true.

Did you update to 3.0.1? You sound salty. Homebrew is coming. Why wouldn't it?

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you update to 3.0.1? You sound salty. Homebrew is coming. Why wouldn't it?

I realise it might have sounded a little salty when I read over it. Moreso because I thought the hype was more or less dead. Still on 3.0.0 hoping for the best.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realise it might have sounded a little salty when I read over it. Moreso because I thought the hype was more or less dead. Still on 3.0.0 hoping for the best.

OK, I see. I just asked because there quite a few users who are trying to pretend that they are glad they updated to 3.0.1 or that they don't really care.

I'm optimistic. They (haX0rs) just reversed engineered the Switch's parental lock master key generation code. Excited to see more progress and hopefully get some PoC even if it's just a "Hello World."

Reactions: Killaclown

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm what firmware comes on the Mario+Rabbits Kingdom Battle game? i read that some walmarts are already selling them.

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK, I see. I just asked because there quite a few users who are trying to pretend that they are glad they updated to 3.0.1 or that they don't really care.

I'm optimistic. They (haX0rs) just reversed engineered the Switch's parental lock master key generation code. Excited to see more progress and hopefully get some PoC even if it's just a "Hello World."

Awesome, nice to see progress being made. Doesn't really hurt all that much to wait a while either. Already bought all the games I want and play them offline when I have a moment to spare. Hopefully the homebrew scene can really flourish, given time.

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
@smealum @SciresM
Looking at this for the first time today what I can tell is that theoretically, given I have seen no proof, if the "initialize" handle is removed from the sm session then a bunch of backdoors are available. Can someone else concure or am I missing something?

Last edited by ARVI80,
D

Deleted User

last night i went to switchdev on irc they told me we wont be able to build any hello world without open sdk and if somebody wants to use the exploit just check the wiki ofc its nothing easy for somebody without knowledge , and another person was saying sdk wont be needed idk why

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking at this for the first time today what I can tell is that theoretically, given I have seen no proof, if the "initialize" handle is removed from the sm session then a bunch of backdoors are available. Can someone else concure or am I missing something?

if i did understand right they was able to generate a kind of master key which allowed them to run every single service they wanted on 3.0 with full root rights

Reactions: DocAmes1980
D

Deleted User

Oh yeah switch has freebsd, completely forgot about that
indeed you are right its like an modified version of the 3ds but based on free bsd like PS4

idk if that could work but maybe the same patches which works for the ps4 could work on the switch

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
if i did understand right they was able to generate a kind of master key which allowed them to run every single service they wanted on 3.0 with full root rights

But removing the initailize handles completely would invalidate the need of any such key, full permission would be granted regardless leaving backdoors to exploit everywhere?

Last edited by ARVI80,

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a switch!! on ver 1.0.0, do you guys think it's safe to stay on this one or should i go cart hunting to get to 2.0.0+ for more features?

i wont be using the thing until an exploit or HB entrypoint is around so im not too worried

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just got a switch!! on ver 1.0.0, do you guys think it's safe to stay on this one or should i go cart hunting to get to 2.0.0+ for more features?

i wont be using the thing until an exploit or HB entrypoint is around so im not too worried
Makes no difference. The exploit works on 3.0.0 and below.

Last edited by insidexdeath,
Reactions: MrJason005
D

Deleted User

But removing the initailize handles completely would invalidate the need of any such key, full permission would be granted regardless leaving backdoors to exploit everywhere?

well good question idk if its so easy to remove the initailize because why they would try to get the trust zone key ?

but wait if the switch is running on an free bsd kernel is there any chance to run ssh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1