♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright, i totally screwed my wii up by installed like 3 .wads without restarting the wii each time.
and now, i see the health and safety screen, but when i press A, it plays that wii intro song [when u enter the actual interface] and stays black.
i pretty much bricked it, and am contemplating using the savemii [gc controller method], is there any possible way to fix my wii?!?!?!?

i was reading around and im sure itll work, but how can i update my wii with 3.3u even tho it is already at that?
i have a modded wii with wiikey 1.9, 3.3u

is there any way i can get to the savemii menu then updating it using a burned dvd that has a 3.3 or 3.4 update?

thanks for any help whatsoever.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to have Twilight Hack previously installed, so you can use WAD Manager to delete the WAD that banner bricked you.

Updating your Wii with a disc won't help a banner brick.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm i doubt i have the twlight hack installed, but i dont remember.

thanks for replying quick status.

so whats the worst possible scenario?
would savemii work at least to play games?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download this now:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117690&st=0

Extract, then burn it.

No patching needs to be done to the .iso, all you have to do is burn it.

Put it into the Wii, and you dont even need to press the "A" button, it will autoboot Wad Manager.

From there, delete the .wads that you installed, and everything should be good to go.

EDIT:

You said "3.3" thats no good, unless you personally removed the trucha bug, wad manager will not autoboot, though you can try.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to "personally remove the trucha bug"?

yea i doubt itll accept the disk if its 3.3

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only way to bypass it would be to install IOS16, since it isnt patched.

You can use Wii Scrubber to extract IOS16 from the *cough*Autobooting Wad Manager*cough* disc....

At least try the disc. Theres no harm in doing so.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
xzxero said:
alright, i totally screwed my wii up by installed like 3 .wads without restarting the wii each time.
and now, i see the health and safety screen, but when i press A, it plays that wii intro song [when u enter the actual interface] and stays black.
i pretty much bricked it, and am contemplating using the savemii [gc controller method], is there any possible way to fix my wii?!?!?!?

i was reading around and im sure itll work, but how can i update my wii with 3.3u even tho it is already at that?
i have a modded wii with wiikey 1.9, 3.3u

is there any way i can get to the savemii menu then updating it using a burned dvd that has a 3.3 or 3.4 update?

thanks for any help whatsoever.

autoboot zelda + tp hack seems to be your key to the solution... but don't worry it's not a serious brick, hope you still have tp hack on your wii..

QUOTE(Tichinde925 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:07 AM) The only way to bypass it would be to install IOS16, since it isnt patched.

You can use Wii Scrubber to extract IOS16 from the *cough*Autobooting Wad Manager*cough* disc....

At least try the disc. Theres no harm in doing so.

What use is installing IOS16 into a wii that uses system menu with trucha fixed ios? System menu doesn't use IOS16..
Trying the disc will do no harm for sure, but it won't be any useful...

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to create an autobootable IOS downgrader or anyregion changer thing into a DVD to downgrade my banner bricked wii?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unless you have the tp hack on your system or have access to a modchip you are at this point in time, screwed. if your still under warranty ship it to nintendo. Otherwise wait and pray someone comes up with a way to unbrick without the trucha bug

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
is it possible to create an autobootable IOS downgrader or anyregion changer thing into a DVD to downgrade my banner bricked wii?

Did the autobootable wad manager launch for you?

Did you see the Wad Manager screen when you put it in?

If you did, then yes, an autobootable IOS downgrader or anyregion changer can be made.

Any homebrew app can be made really.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
unless you have the tp hack on your system or have access to a modchip you are at this point in time, screwed. if your still under warranty ship it to nintendo. Otherwise wait and pray someone comes up with a way to unbrick without the trucha bug

modchip?
i have it modded with a wiikey.
works perfect..

man this is lame.
dont trust .wads if they dont come from gbatemp.net!

i guess my only chance for survival is to wait until a retail game comes out with 3.4 update or bootmii comes out
because i doubt i have the TP hack installed

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't trust anything... always make sure you have what you need to fix your problems before they happen.

Worst case (seems to be where you're at) is burn your games flagged as autoboot. They should then launch from the 'Press A' screen, or from recovery mode. (Use http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe - I've found other apps don't work)

Cross your fingers that in the future, there'll be another way to run custom discs in 3.3+ - maybe using the new exploit twiizers used on the latest hbc.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
digitydogs said:

modchip?
i have it modded with a wiikey.
works perfect..

man this is lame.
dont trust .wads if they dont come from gbatemp.net!

i guess my only chance for survival is to wait until a retail game comes out with 3.4 update or bootmii comes out
because i doubt i have the TP hack installed

You seem to keep ignoring a rather important question. Does the autoboot disk work for you?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right.
so your saying that the autobootable wad manager will not work at all?

right seems like im going to have to buy dvd rw for a while

dude i wish i couldnt ignore the qeustion but i havent any blanks or else i would have ages ago.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
RW is more trouble than it's worth... Stick to -R or +R.

No homebrew discs will run on 3.3 - only originals and discs modified without re-signing (autoboot does this)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
RW is more trouble than it's worth... Stick to -R or +R.

No homebrew discs will run on 3.3 - only originals and discs modified without re-signing (autoboot does this)

Well I have 2 maxell dvd-rw's and they worked like a charm both on my previous d2c pro modded drive and new wiikey2, I burned them at least 30-40 times and they are still fresh... though they might not be working with the backup launcher...

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lame.
i just dont want to have useless dvds ya know?

so the autobooting wad manager iso is re-signed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1