Hykem got raided

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i agree.....i think there are more likely sources to be raided before hykem, and theyre safe....(as far as we know)....unless hykem was about to release something spectacular, and nintendo heard about it....(in other words hykem may have been sold out)?????

Reactions: Wiiare

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not believing Hykem is a thing i can understand, but Crediar ?

You're breaking laws even just by trying to reverse enginering a firmware AFAIK no ?
Not as far as I'm aware, no.

Why would Smealum have not been raided, then? Or Yellows8? Or the more active people in the Nintendo scene?

Reactions: Deleted-355425

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're breaking laws even just by trying to reverse enginering a firmware AFAIK no ?

That's not something I'd consider as breaking the law (breaking the terms of service). And it's definitely nothing that would give Nintendo or whoever else any power to get his place raided. It just doesn't make any sense from a legal point of view that any of this is true.

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
-snip-
If you expect me to believe stories like raids without news of it after 1 day on the net or ridiculous shit like personal info being sold on the darkwebs I'm never taking my tinfoil hat off ever.

Reactions: verifyvenuz

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not as far as I'm aware, no.
But what i'm sure is that in the US, if you're bypassing a security, you're violating the copyright act, don't care if it's for homebrews or piracy, you "can't" crack a protection

Why would Smealum have not been raided, then? Or Yellows8? Or the more active people in the Nintendo scene?

Dunno, don't care, just hope is alright and pointing what everyone seems to think "hey he just broken soime protection, that's not illegal", but, yes, it totaly is.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
But what i'm sure is that in the US, if you're bypassing a security, you're violating the copyright act, don't care if it's for homebrews or piracy, you "can't" crack a protection

Dunno, don't care, just hope is alright and pointing what everyone seems to think "hey he just broken soime protection, that's not illegal", but, yes, it totaly is.
must be different for the iphone then coz u CAN jailbreak your iphone and it is legal......but obviously this is a different case......

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know the actual reason yet, as soon as I know I'll tell you.
The day before a detective called to confirm the address, that's when hykem who already used encrypted HDDs wiped all this stuff.
So whatever they are looking for won't be there anymore.
thats great news then,,,,,obviously he must have other copies in other places....

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
must be different for the iphone then coz u CAN jailbreak your iphone and it is legal......but obviously this is a different case......
The Jailbreak is on the exeptions list of the Copyright Act exemtions yes (it's been 6 years now), so it's not (anymore) law breaking to jailbreak.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
It doesnt matter if he broke any laws or not.
If a woman can sue McDonald because the coffee was too hot, the law department of a multibillion dollar company can find some obscene law to get you raided.
If Nintendo wants to push this then they could drag it out in courts for years.
The odd thing is I would expect before resorting to this kind of measures they would first send a cease and desist letter and then take any further actions.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt one would risk making copies knowing that the police is going to come, lol. And besides, he was cooperating with smea and yellows8, so they would have the exploit as well.
i dont think it was ever confirmed that it was smea and yellows8......but how can they arrest hykem and leave smea and yellows8 alone.....makes absolutely no sense....
obviously if theyre working together then all parties wd have the exploit....so?????

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont think it was ever confirmed that it was smea and yellows8......but how can they arrest hykem and leave smea and yellows8 alone.....makes absolutely no sense....
obviously if theyre working together then all parties wd have the exploit....so?????
Hykem said he wasn't working with anyone else. Why people continue to say this, I have no idea. But the only way he would have really been raided, is if he had a stolen property (i.e. devkit, official tools, etc.) he wasn't supposed to have.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do you guys know he got raided for his hacking stuff? for all we know it could've been something else altogether

I'm out of the Wii U scene and just have mine legit & updated cos i cant be bothered but I know he was apparently due to release an exploit that kept getting delayed or something? Anyway I hope he's alright

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii