Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because he gave a date doesn't mean he has to abide by it. I mean, he does have a life you know... Cut him some slack. For all you know, he could have had a death in the family. Heck, Mighty No. 9 has had its third delay, and people aren't raging, yet they've actually paid for it. This is something that's free and everyone is bitching...

Good grief, get a grip y'all. It's not a matter of life or death that you get this exploit.
Actually a lot of people raged over mighty no. 9 and got refunds.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complaining about multiple delays on something's that is complete =/= entitlement.

Hykem gave a specific release of "before February" and stated he was "sure of that"..... We didn't make up the release date.
Of course some people didn't make up the release date, but, sadly, a lot of people did and thought they would get the IOSU exploit released by the end of January.

Yes, yes. He did say that he would release it before February, but he's only human. Like some others have said, he has his own life and is only doing this during his free time and already contributed a lot for the Wii U hacking. (Did you know that a lot of the information on the Wii U in WiiUBrew was actually from him?) Plus, he's working on something he found in the MCP module that can HELP the IOSU exploit in the long run which you decided to remove from the quote that you posted.
So, I've got good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.
At that point, the IOSU exploit was practically almost ready. If what he found in the MCP module turned out to be nothing, he would have released the IOSU exploit a lot sooner. Except he didn't, which meant that there's something in the MCP module that he can use to boot the exploit better, safer, and faster.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thats confusing... Why are we still able to access this thread then?
Usually when a thread is locked, messages are not allowed to be posted.
Read the small words.

And as for hykem... have you never logged into a place without posting anything and leaving without any signal of your existence?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even after I pissed all the other devs off by releasing the keys,

So what's that all about? Why are "all the other devs" pissed of those 2 missing keys finally came to light? I mean, you can match them up with f0f's SHA1 hashes and they match, so they were known (and Ninty knew they were known) years ago. I think it's awesome and also the whole keys weren't leaked, only part of them. You had to do some homework yourself to 'fill in the blanks'.

What's the danger of these keys being in general circulation, what harm can it do? If there isn't any, why the u mad bro?

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not a customer, there's no obligation to strict deadlines if they don't make the mark in the eyes of the dev. You know, these things are particularly irritating to those who have dealt with the drudging cycle of software development.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Deleted120957125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after checking in roughly for a month now on this thread, screw it. im just going to monitor twitter because [no offense to mods] but this community makes me want to facedesk everytime i check it. but thats just me :/

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
after checking in roughly for a month now on this thread, screw it. im just going to monitor twitter because [no offense to mods] but this community makes me want to facedesk everytime i check it. but thats just me :/
Blame all newcomers desperate to get their precious piracy from the past 3 months, not the moderators.

Reactions: Deleted120957125

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Who allowed incessant whining and this shit post thread ? Moderators or 10 years old children ?
That remains a mystery, I agree.
Thinking p1ngpong closed the thread for a few minutes only... Sigh.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
346 pages. for what.
I've only been here for a little over a week, First thing I did when I learnt WiiU could be hacked, read the title/OP post, went to latest post, nothings changed, I moved on, got Loadiine working thanks to the great people and effort put into the Definitive Guide to Hacking WiiU Thread, think I'm good till EmuNAND.
Why has this thread made it to 346 pages because of a placeholder from an OP that isnt even a dev on the "new" exploit...
OP should just edit first post, pointing to smealum's twitter, and mods should close this now pointless thread all its doing is pushing down more important threads when new people ask the same question I'm sure takes up about 97% of the THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX pages; "Is the exploit out yet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1