Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 248,307
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
71797c90f3635ca5a2b49969684cfff0.png

https://gyazo.com/71797c90f3635ca5a2b49969684cfff0

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright,im pretty dumb,sorry,but i got another problem.
After i installed everything and opened the himem on o3ds and the screen turned black,and no led showed up,and i was just sent back to the home menu.
And in the pc app it just stays Connecting,and gives an error,and tries again
Himem is only for games that use the 3DS's Mode 3 (Himem mode), such as Smash Bros or Monster Hunter 4. Non-himem games won't work with the himem version and vice versa. Also, when using it for those, you can't hit exit; you have to immediately enter the game directly.

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Himem is only for games that use the 3DS's Mode 3 (Himem mode), such as Smash Bros or Monster Hunter 4. Non-himem games won't work with the himem version and vice versa. Also, when using it for those, you can't hit exit; you have to immediately enter the game directly.
Ok im gonna try opening smash

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok im gonna try opening smash
Alright,it opened but still the same error appears on the cmd,and when i press anything the light goes red,then back to light blue.

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you opening Smash by waiting for the launcher to kick you back and press A twice on Smash?
I open the himem,then it kicks me back to home menu,then i open smash and it asks to close the himem,and i do and the game opens,but when i press any button the led turns red,and it still doesnt give me any output on the horizonscreen

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's supposed to flash red when you press a button, it's to indicate that HzMod hasn't softlocked.

Light blue means it's ready to connect.

If it doesn't connect then restart wifi on your 3DS.

This is a known bug, and only seems to happen between Windows and 3DS. It works just fine on Linux.

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's supposed to flash red when you press a button, it's to indicate that HzMod hasn't softlocked.

Light blue means it's ready to connect.

If it doesn't connect then restart wifi on your 3DS.

This is a known bug, and only seems to happen between Windows and 3DS. It works just fine on Linux.
I switched the wireless switch off,light became yellow,then again it became blue after i switched it on,still,same issue,doesnt connect.

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You made sure the IP you entered matches the 3DS's current IP, right? It can change.
Oh,its my 3ds ip :P i thought it was my pc ip.dumb me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh,its my 3ds ip :P i thought it was my pc ip.dumb me
I used FBI to find my 3ds ip,but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by Caofre,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
10060 is timeout, so that means it tries to communicate, but someone doesn't respond properly.

Turn your 3DS wifi off and back on, and try aiming for connecting from a 10061 spam (connection refused).

Open FBI and very slowly spam HOME (wait a few seconds after the transition animation finished) until HzScreen prints 10061 instead of 10060, and then try to open HzLoad.

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
10060 is timeout, so that means it tries to communicate, but someone doesn't respond properly.

Turn your 3DS wifi off and back on, and try aiming for connecting from a 10061 spam (connection refused).

Open FBI and very slowly spam HOME (wait a few seconds after the transition animation finished) until HzScreen prints 10061 instead of 10060, and then try to open HzLoad.
Dind't get it after about 15 tries,also,something i might add aswell,when i tried FTP for the first time,it didn't work for some reason,and never did,maybe because its impossible to open ports on my routers?Maybe this has something to do with it

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Dind't get it after about 15 tries,also,something i might add aswell,when i tried FTP for the first time,it didn't work for some reason,and never did,maybe because its impossible to open ports on my routers?Maybe this has something to do with it

If FTP doesn't work then that means that your wifi network is isolated from your PC, you have a very bad router (those ones from the ISPs), or it's configured to isolate you on purpose.

Sadly I can't help to fix any of those.

Reactions: FateForWindows

Caofre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If FTP doesn't work then that means that your wifi network is isolated from your PC, you have a very bad router (those ones from the ISPs), or it's configured to isolate you on purpose.

Sadly I can't help to fix any of those.
Alright thanks,i really dont know what i can do about this at all,thanks for the help tho.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thx for that tool.

Does it work with cartridge game ?
I was able to make it work with 2 CIA games but i tried 2 cartridges and it seems like Luma on the N3DS always crash. It happens when pressing L on HzScreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's tomorrow +1