Mike mathurin

Gbatemp Guy
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am failing math and science with little chance to advance into 10th grade.The math teacher said this:
Just want you to know what a wonderful young man you have in Michael. I have enjoyed getting to know him this year. He has however, as you know, really struggled with the material in Algebra this year. He has come very far in what he understands, but there is a still a deficit in his knowledge of the subject. To be honest, I don't think he will make it through the class. If there is even the remotest chance of him pass this course, he will have to work very hard for the rest of the year and then do well on the Regents exam in June.
What do I do?Ive never failed a grade before.My parents will be very dissopointed in me.Ive been to summer school before but ive never acually had to repeat a grade.I am good at many things but math isnt one of them.I ve also gotten some extra help but it really doesnt help much.Tommorow I have a test but i dont have a clue on how to do it.Please help me out.Thank you.And sorry about any mistakes

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are failing because you are procrastinating and not doing your homework, it's your fault. You will never be successful if you don't practice and study. Just do your work and you will see much better results.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a math major and in my experience the most important part of learning math is practicing problems. Make sure you are able to do all your homework. If you get stuck, ask a friend or your teacher for help. It's okay if you aren't able to solve every problem, but after getting help you should at least be able to look at your friend/teacher's solution and go, "okay, I understand why that solution works." If you don't understand what the person helping you is doing, ask them to slow down and explain it step by step. Math is a skill. At some point a type of problem you thought was really difficult will just click into place in your brain, and you will wonder why you thought it was difficult in the first place. To get that to happen though, you need to practice.

Good luck. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: so..... yeah