Feedback I f:ed up trying to upgrade my xbox one x internal storage

MichaelB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update: Solved!

I didn't do enough research about xbox one insider versions and ended up basically bricking the hard drive that had the os installed when I tried to upgrade, found out about this after and I've been trying to fix it urgently, but yeah no luck because I was very stupid and didn't remove the xbox from the insider program before attempting the upgrade. If I'm not f:ed I will have to postpone anything until the normal updates catch up, if you know anything else or can help me if you have an xbox one or xbox one x/s on insider version *removed* you can message me or send an email to either *modsnip* or *modsnip*, I'll take any info and/or help at this point to keep me from being locked out, so that I could get online again. I know I probably won't but yeah anyway thanks for any info.

Regards
Michael
Post automatically merged:

Hey thanks for removing my emails and for wishing me good luck, you're probably right, I don't know if I can do this but I have another burner/alt email that I don't use for anything and it's not linked to anything. If anyone wants to send any info or help it's *removed*, sorry if it's an inconvenience, idk how to do this

Last edited by MichaelB,

MichaelB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you tried contacting Microsoft support? This seems like an issue that they could help resolve.
Thanks, it seems they won't help because I have an insider version and they don't have any offline updates for that version. I can't send it in because I've tampered with the hardware (upgraded hard drive). Apparently you would need help from someone who has a disk with the same (or maybe higher, idk) insider version

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it seems they won't help because I have an insider version and they don't have any offline updates for that version. I can't send it in because I've tampered with the hardware (upgraded hard drive). Apparently you would need help from someone who has a disk with the same (or maybe higher, idk) insider version
I've got two potential solutions, but keep in mind I'm not an expert. I'm sorry in advance.

The first is using an offline system update from Microsoft. Use their guide to copy it to your hard drive and install it. Follow this guide from Microsoft to try an OSU. You could either try an insider build or an official build, but I think all they have is an official build. If you're feeling up to it, perhaps flashing an official build would let you get back into the console and at least download the insider builds/remove yourself from the progeam.

The second is using some... ghetto website to try and download and/or flash that exact firmware to the HDD. It's risky, and probably illegal, however it might be the avenue you need to take.

Again, I apologize if these are things that you've tried or if these are terrible answers.

MichaelB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No no, they're good answers, I just put myself in a really bad spot. I tried flashing an official build and it got pretty far and then booted me, and after that nothing has worked any different with that specific ssd, so I couldn't remove myself from the program. Thank you though, I will keep these thing in mind as I go forward. Also will probably just mark this is solved if I ever solve it or eventually manage to upgrade to a series s. Again thanks for the tips

I've got two potential solutions, but keep in mind I'm not an expert. I'm sorry in advance.

The first is using an offline system update from Microsoft. Use their guide to copy it to your hard drive and install it. Follow this guide from Microsoft to try an OSU. You could either try an insider build or an official build, but I think all they have is an official build. If you're feeling up to it, perhaps flashing an official build would let you get back into the console and at least download the insider builds/remove yourself from the progeam.

The second is using some... ghetto website to try and download and/or flash that exact firmware to the HDD. It's risky, and probably illegal, however it might be the avenue you need to take.

Again, I apologize if these are things that you've tried or if these are terrible answers.
Update: solved!

Thank you!! They apparently already rolled the update out for public release 11/22 a week and a half ago. That's the same day that I downloaded the last osu1 update and I just assumed that it had the latest because I read later that was the day of the update, but ofc they rolled it out later than when I downloaded it (you can't see when they release it exactly)

I have slow internet so I usually try to avoid downloading big files, but I decided to try again because of your comment and now it works, thank you so much!

Last edited by MichaelB,
  • Love
Reactions: Kopimist and WG481

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
No no, they're good answers, I just put myself in a really bad spot. I tried flashing an official build and it got pretty far and then booted me, and after that nothing has worked any different with that specific ssd, so I couldn't remove myself from the program. Thank you though, I will keep these thing in mind as I go forward. Also will probably just mark this is solved if I ever solve it or eventually manage to upgrade to a series s. Again thanks for the tips

Thank you!! They apparently already rolled the update out for public release 11/22 a week and a half ago. That's the same day that I downloaded the last osu1 update and I just assumed that it had the latest because I read later that was the day of the update, but ofc they rolled it out later than when I downloaded it (you can't see when they release it exactly)

I have slow internet so I usually try to avoid downloading big files, but I decided to try again because of your comment and now it works, thank you so much!
Glad I could help! :D

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Frankenstein Xbox lol. Glad to hear you resolved the issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: