Hacking I Got banned from PSN

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hackers would've won if sony hadn't taken geohots computer equipments. Thats how they found a way to ban people. You cant really blame george for 'handing' his equipments to sony. he had no choice.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that modding a PS3 isn't worth the risk.... the top two threads are about bans lol.

I'm gunna stick with Wii modding. Fuck yah Nintendo for your lack of an online system. No bans FTW and I'm glad i don't have to worry

Modded wii and reg ps3 ftw.
rolleyes.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Twilight Loz said:
hackers would've won if sony hadn't taken geohots computer equipments. Thats how they found a way to ban people. You cant really blame george for 'handing' his equipments to sony. he had no choice.
What are you talking about ?
You are saying that Sony don't know its own SDK and their own servers and protocol ? they needed Geohot work to understand their own console ?

Banning has nothing to do with the seizure.
What I think is that they can't find a way to block the new ssl proxy/header rewriting with a simple firmware version checking, so they are now banning based on the user's PS3 content and history.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, a lookup of that specific code suggests that it is not by hacked content perse, and isn't a perma-ban either. Basically, the more common reason to get that error code is cuz you were quite the bad boy, spouting obscenities online.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What sort of hacks were you using?

I mean, if some people are just using a hack that lets them load a game off of their HDD and they ban, believe it or not, Sony has no merit to ban people. As long as you didn't use their servers at all for your hacks, and you own all of the stuff or you have permission from the homebrewer to use the program, you should be safe. And that's because Homebrew is 100% LEGAL.

So really, Sony doing this just because, when they don't know what a person has, is retarded and wrong. I get wanting to protect your console, but there are people who don't want to keep swapping discs and risk damaging them.

Anyways, online gaming sucks. I always found it to ruin the quality of the game. If I pay $60.00 to get a game that's going to be used mainly for online, and then the servers are shit-tastic from day one (looking at you CoD), it was a waste of money. Also don't have to worry about hackers or cheaters with offline games either. Don't have to deal with the 14 year olds thinking their hot shit because they live at home for free and have girlfriends.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dter ic said:
if microsoft and sony starts doing this nintendo should of done the same if they *really* wanted to protect gamers from hackers online
then again, there are far less online games for wii then either xbox360 or ps3.
so people that would get banned from nintendo have less to lose

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
ShadowSoldier said:

I mean, if some people are just using a hack that lets them load a game off of their HDD and they ban, believe it or not, Sony has no merit to ban people. As long as you didn't use their servers at all for your hacks, and you own all of the stuff or you have permission from the homebrewer to use the program, you should be safe. And that's because Homebrew is 100% LEGAL.

So really, Sony doing this just because, when they don't know what a person has, is retarded and wrong. I get wanting to protect your console, but there are people who don't want to keep swapping discs and risk damaging them.

Anyways, online gaming sucks. I always found it to ruin the quality of the game. If I pay $60.00 to get a game that's going to be used mainly for online, and then the servers are shit-tastic from day one (looking at you CoD), it was a waste of money. Also don't have to worry about hackers or cheaters with offline games either. Don't have to deal with the 14 year olds thinking their hot shit because they live at home for free and have girlfriends.
Usage of unlicensed software and *COUGH*BACKUPS*COUGH* goes against your PSN ToS (Or I think it does.)
Judging from the email, It looks like Circumvention devices (aka PSJailbreak) are against the ToS too.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Usage of unlicensed software and *COUGH*BACKUPS*COUGH* goes against your PSN ToS (Or I think it does.)
Judging from the email, It looks like Circumvention devices (aka PSJailbreak) are against the ToS too.

I would say that somebody who really knows what they are looking at should check the ToS, but they were probably modified if they didn't already include all of this before Sony started sending out that message. I guess we all knew the bans were coming, it was only a matter of time. I don't agree with how Sony is going about it. Apparently though, even the use of CFW is considered against their ToS. Hell, doing much more then turning on your console appears to be against the ToS now.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
In some countries, it's technically against the law to breath (since the very air is owned by the state, breathing it is technically theft of state property). Nobody has been prosecuted for it yet though.

Sony are trying to take up the position that using your console in a way they didn't intend is against the law. Public campaign groups are trying to shut that down and uphold the reasoning that once you've bought the console, it's up to you how you use it. As for Sony banning PSN accounts of hackers... well that's all about ToS.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So wait, em I ban? I have cfm and didn't go to psn even once since that router trick. I changed my email adress so i don't know if they sent me anything. Is my console banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good