nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
GameWinner said:
geminisama said:
KoukiMonster said:
zachpl said:
That error code is the error code for being banned for racism on PSN... And to my knowledge it is only 30 days.
i was just about to aks if hes been racist latley (dont worry op, it happens to the best of us) http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Pla...t/true#M1771435

Hey Joe!
No, it really doesn't. I say he deserves his ban, and disagree with all this Sony angst. You hack, you risk the consequences, so man up and face them. Apparently OP didn't have to face them, but for those of you that do; it's not Sonys fault you got banned, it's YOURS.
This.
But all I have to say if you really want PSN back (and not let plus expire
tongue.gif
),
get another PS3 model and use that one for PSN.

That won't help if they go for account bans (possibly by cross-refrencing ip addresses so any account that logged on from the same ip address as a hacked console is also banned) though from the wording of their press release makes it sound like console bans only.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Elza said:
Access to PlayStation®Network and access to Qriocity™ services through your PlayStation®3 system has been terminated permanently due to the use of unauthorized circumvention devices and unauthorized or pirated software on your PlayStation®3 system.

QUOTEError Code: 8002a227 - 30 day ban from Sony Playstation Security Department. The last 3digits state the offence in question (227). So you have been banned for Extreme/Racial/Derogatory Language whilst using the PSN.

Hard times
mellow.gif

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
Jamstruth said:
godreborn said:
it's probably not the smartest thing for sony to do. with the consistent xbox 360 ban hammers almost every year, people could have just move to the ps3 causing a tremendous loss in 360 sales. I mean if ur going to pirate ur going to pirate so at least they could get the console sales and perhaps more games would come to the ps3 as developers rn't going to now how many people on the ps3 r actually pirating.
1. You have no evidence 360 ban hammers meant people moved to PS3
2. The threat of rampant piracy is a HUGE turn-off for Devs. Any kind of action by Sony right now is encouraging them back. Even if they don't know they can suspect huge numbers due to how open the console is now.

perhaps, but it's the only logical assumption one could make. the ps3 and 360 have almost identical game libraries, and the only reason many people bought a 360 to begin with was because it was hackable. do u honestly think people would just continuously buy the system over and over again despite ban hammers and rrod if not for piracy?

as for ur second point, it doesn't hold a lot of merit. the ds is by far the easiest of the consoles and portables to pirate games for yet it still receives the most support. the evidence would tend to suggest that piracy is very low on all consoles, because games r selling better now than ever before.

Yep, that's it exactly. The only reason anyone ever bought a 360 was because it was hackable. Yep. Me, my 50+ friends on my buddy list, and the millions of others all bought it for that reason.

Or wait, they didn't, and most people DON'T hack consoles. Just because you do, and some of your friends; the majority of people a) don't know how, b) don't care, c) like supporting their companies and aren't selfish children and d) fear.

And to end this post, yes, I do think people buy the same thing over and over again, if the worst happens to them, for a variety of reasons; to have the console that they LIKE again, and brand loyalty (like how you're apparantly loyal to Sony) The world =/= You, your tastes, and your opinions.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
WTF, buying a second PS3 just to play online? Do people really have nothing better to spend their money on?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how long until they make something to trick PSN like the PSP has? XD Or rather, update whatever trick may already be around. Not gonna update til then

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
If they have to money to just get a spare console after a ban for mp, it's a safe assumption to think they can afford the games they're pirating.

Good point...I don't even use PSN (on my PSP) and I have no plan to hack the PS3 because with all thats going on it doesn't seem worth it.

D

Deleted-236924

GH0ST said:
Elza said:
Access to PlayStation®Network and access to Qriocity™ services through your PlayStation®3 system has been terminated permanently due to the use of unauthorized circumvention devices and unauthorized or pirated software on your PlayStation®3 system.

QUOTEError Code: 8002a227 - 30 day ban from Sony Playstation Security Department. The last 3digits state the offence in question (227). So you have been banned for Extreme/Racial/Derogatory Language whilst using the PSN.

Hard times
mellow.gif
[/thread]

D

Deleted_171835

tbgtbg said:
What's this "Qriocity" thing the emails mention?
Qriocity is a name for Sony's "streaming music, games, e-books and video on demand services".

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
This should serve as a warning.
Sony is being a pussy so hide your hacks.
lol. "Being a pussy" Would you rather have them come to your house and break your PS3 or did you just use that word wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D