I HATE THE NEW GBATEMP! :|

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrades seldom go as smoothly as one would hope.
Trust me, lots of people are having problems at the moment.
I just saw a portion of the forum that says I'm technically "banned". o.o

But we'll get the bugs worked out and figure out how everything works, together.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay... The new layout IS frustrating for some of us. It's not too simple to navigate, but once figured out.. It's just simple to do. Take the time to figure it out, and if you can't do that by the end of the day... Well.. I don't know what to say. xD

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem was my avatar being removed and that I had to resort to my Chopper image. (I will keep searching for that Teddie image I had)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When did they change it anyway?!
More forum features and it generally looks a lot "slicker". We do want an attractive interface or look to a forum to draw in more users. I mean we already got a fancy new banner that honestly looks better than the old one. Plus everything is round. And white. It's like an iPod.
I think he said "when", not "why".

Anyways, I like this change. And it's contrary to Facebook's changes, where they remove features that I normally use every day and call it an 'improvement'. GBAtemp's update made things sleeker, more modern, and nicer to browse.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a quick button to this back at the top:
http://gbatemp.net/newgon/
I use it quite frequently and don't want it to disappear. It makes finding a particular game much easier. All my DL'd DS games conform to that numbering system and it will screw me hard if that feature goes away.

It would also be nice if I could just slide all the pics I had at pix.gbatemp.net over to the new gallery. It would certainly make life easier than having to manually move them all.

I wanted to use a completely different picture in my profile than my avatar. My plan was to have an actual pic of me there.....guess that's not possible at all now. :glare:

Other than those few things, everything else is OK, I guess.

You know me, I probably won't use any of those new "social" features. Personally, I'd like to have the original skin back where the certain features I did use were only a button click away instead of having to go through the site index to get to them. Then, I fear, some of them will disappear soon and I'll be screwed for that feature......like the link I listed above. (maybe it is still there somewhere and I just haven't spotted it yet, but still)

So I don't HATE the new design, I just worry that features I actually use will eventually go bye-bye. pix.gbatemp.net already did.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, I got a question for you. When you sign up on new forum, do you make such stupid threads complaining how "bad" the forum is or do you try to get used to it? It's actually no different than the previous one except I noticed some improved stuff in this new forum and brighter.

ShinyJellicent12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the theme is kind of nice. I guess... :O

Dude, I got a question for you. When you sign up on new forum, do you make such stupid threads complaining how "bad" the forum is or do you try to get used to it? It's actually no different than the previous one except I noticed some improved stuff in this new forum and brighter.
No. Exactly. I said before that it's fine, now that I'm sort of used to it (the empty feeling went away)
Feel free to delete :D

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I like it. :) Took me a while to figure out how "view new posts" works but that's not a bad thing, it's just different and the extra filtering options look really useful.

I want a quick button to this back at the top: http://gbatemp.net/newgon/
Had some fun trying to find GOnline just now too but it's still there; you can still get to it from the left-hand menu on the homepage. They must've removed it from the top bar for a reason, probably to make space for something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I bet people would actually pay to see her farting into a microphone