Hacking I have a 2DS, just updated right now. What is the best flashcard I can get?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A valid point, though that still has its own firmware limitation imposed as others have stated.

Though Ninjhax's spectrum of abilities is still limited to strictly homebrew.

I was about to say that Gateway offers the exclusivity of running devkit tools to install CIAs and the like--but i come to realize the dev tool files are just ROMs, are they not? What stops Sky3DS users from running dev tools to install CIA files?
sky3ds is completely limited to running 1:1 copies of roms, which need to be 100% legit and signed, devkit tools, homebrew and game mods etc are not signed to run on retail consoles and as such will not work on sky3ds

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a Sky3DS with next day shipping and by tomorrow you will be playing roms on your 9.4FW 2DS, no issues.

However Sky3DS may (will) be blocked by Nintendo in the future and Sky3DS' track record has shown they don't have any way to update the card to battle new protections, meaning you will not be able to use your card if you update your firmware.

Weigh your options.

Reactions: Margen67

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy a Sky3DS with next day shipping and by tomorrow you will be playing roms on your 9.4FW 2DS, no issues.

However Sky3DS may (will) be blocked by Nintendo in the future and Sky3DS' track record has shown they don't have any way to update the card to battle new protections, meaning you will not be able to use your card if you update your firmware.

Weigh your options.
In all fairness though OP has already updated, so they have no choice but to buy the Sky3DS (if they're looking to run ROM's). I'd do that and if an update comes out blocking it, just don't update (obviously) and hopefully by the time games start coming out that require a higher firmware, something else will have come out.

D

Deleted-355425

Why are you telling him to order from the US when he's in the UK?

Buy a sky3ds for 3ds roms and a dstwo card for ds and snes and gba roms. Order from the UK or EU so you don't get import tax's

Reactions: 2Hack
D

Deleted-355425

To be fair you went completely the wrong way about it, you should always research before you update, not after.....sky 3ds would probably be the best you can do, just remember read up BEFORE you run a update

this, and that also goes for sky3ds, research that as well.... you want V2 the one with the blue button, plays roms set to what region your 2DS is also,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...