Hacking I have a simple question about N3DS CFW (atleast i think it is, ha...)

titoslayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really not too tech savvy so its hard to wrap my head around this stuff but I can follow instructions pretty well.
my *New 3DS on ver. 11.1.0-34U *I dont have CFW installed
I heard that you can live stream 3DS through CFW?
Is there no way to get this set up on my 3DS without a hard mod?
If it isn't possible that is fine but if it is could anyone explain it to me? i would really appreciate it!

*edited for accuracy lol

Last edited by titoslayer,
D

Deleted-379826

I am really not too tech savvy so its hard to wrap my head around this stuff but I can follow instructions pretty well.
my 3DS on ver. 11.1.0-34U
I heard that you can live stream 3DS through CFW?
Is there no way to get this set up on my 3DS without a hard mod?
If it isn't possible that is fine but if it is could anyone explain it to me? i would really appreciate it!
Well yes. That 3DS you have must be a new3ds and since you're on that firmware you also have to have a second 3ds that is already hacked!

D

Deleted-379826

oh my bad it IS a new 3DS!
cant believe i forgot to mention that!
Oh I missed the title so that would actually be my fault! And oh I see you have cfw which means you have arm9loaderhax? Or are you using an emunand setup! Either way you should be able to stream without a hardmod. I'll elaborate once you answer that question ^_^

D

Deleted-379826

Ah so you don't have CFW, alright I read the title wrong! So if you'd like to do this it certainly is possible! You'll have to buy a 5 dollar game from the eshop and currently you'll need a second hacked 3ds to do the exploit. But if you have some patience and spare change, an exploit will soon come out that will allow you to downgrade with that game using only one 3ds! There's obviously no guarantee but it's most likely coming, and pkus the game is only 5 dollars :P. But if you do have a second 3ds then you can go right ahead and do it now!

D

Deleted-379826

can it be any regular old 3ds? or does it have to be a new3ds model?
and what game is it that i have to buy?
If you want to do the 2 3DS method then it can be a hacked old 3ds.

That game would be dsiware called Fieldrunners! If doing the 2 3DS method buy it on the already hacked 3ds but if you want to cross your fingers and wait obviously get it on the new 3ds!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a bit of confusion here.
If you're on 11.1, don't update! An exploit that will enable the Fieldrunners downgrade with only one 3DS (known as an "arm11 kernel" exploit) was patched on 11.2, known as "slowhax". A new arm11 kernel exploit may come out in the future, but it will take time. Since you need a homebrew exploit to complete the Fieldrunners downgrade anyway, buy yourself a copy of Cubic Ninja or FreakyForms Deluxe, and use it to run a homebrew called ctr-httpwn (included in the homebrew starter pack found on this page) and use it to access the eShop to download the game. Then, wait for slowhax to be released, and when it is (trust me, you will know, GBATemp will have blown up about it) follow this guide.
To understand why this is required for downgrades on 11.0/11.1, see here.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

I'm seeing a bit of confusion here.
If you're on 11.1, don't update! An exploit that will enable the Fieldrunners downgrade with only one 3DS (known as an "arm11 kernel" exploit) was patched on 11.2, known as "slowhax". A new arm11 kernel exploit may come out in the future, but it will take time. Since you need a homebrew exploit to complete the Fieldrunners downgrade anyway, buy yourself a copy of Cubic Ninja or FreakyForms Deluxe, and use it to run a homebrew called ctr-httpwn (included in the homebrew starter pack found on this page) and use it to access the eShop to download the game. Then, wait for slowhax to be released, and when it is (trust me, you will know, GBATemp will have blown up about it) follow this guide.
To understand why this is required for downgrades on 11.0/11.1, see here.
Yep Swiftloke said it a lot better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, No, im probably the stupid here