Gaming I have been banned by live anyway around this ?

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been banned by xbox live 2 days ago .....can I buy a new hard drive to get around this ? or buy the wirless dongle ? how do they do the band is it by the mac address of the conection of name on the account ....please help if you can.

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/codeofconduct.htm. You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse.htm.

Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/codeOfConduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/termsofservice.htm.

Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play." Fortunately for you, only your account has been banned. Make a new account/pay for a new live subscrip.

rush57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your answer

Ouch looks like you got caught playing early. Recommend you delete whatever game off your hard drive if you installed it for load times, and not play the game again probably cause the release is probably flagged. Like the article says you can make a new live account and play again just that you have to pay $50 for that year membership and the loss of your gamer score.

It seems its not a console ban wave like the fall update like last year, but probably will be another ban wave when the late fall dashboard update comes in the next few weeks. So good luck with that.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would u even play early? is it worth getting banned? When i play on LIVE, I buy my games.

You can pay for new acc/buy seperate HD, would likely work if you don't want to erase ur saves, etc.

Wynd

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
I have been banned by xbox live 2 days ago .....can I buy a new hard drive to get around this ? or buy the wirless dongle ? how do they do the band is it by the mac address of the conection of name on the account ....please help if you can.

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/codeofconduct.htm. You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse.htm.

Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/codeOfConduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/termsofservice.htm.

Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

Tsk tsk tsk. You are obviously dishonesty. I always obey Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft about banned rules. Yet, you broke the rules ?! Thats not good things to do. Honesty is the best policy, man.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it me or was this just a total lack of common sense!

Why go online with a game you obviously cannot possibly own!

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a very simple solution to this problem. If you don't want to get banned from live, DON'T PLAY THE GAME BEFORE THE RETAIL RELEASE DATE!!!!!

Duh.
tongue.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well if only the account is banned, just create a new one and start over. Getting a new hard drive won't do anything.
If the console is also banned, buy a new 360 (there are alternatives but meh)

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about emailing them with the question "ok so what are my options?" and see what they say.
I mean what more can they do to you? Super-Mega-Ultra-Delta Ban you?

Maybe they will say "The game retails for $49.95 - pay that on Oct 20th release date and we will reenable your account"
*I doubt it
They may ask how you acquired the disk - which if you say DOWNLOADED IT...you just console banned yourself as you cannot play a downloaded game on an umoddified xbox
You could say borrowed it from a friend.. but how many friends that has a game not released to public would let you borrow that game????

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
DSgamer, what has WII GH5 got to do with Xbox 360 LIVE?

You hurt my head. Answer the guys question.

I think he was referring to the statement the other guy made about not going on-line with games that aren't officially out yet. There's no banhammer on the Wii for anything except cheaters (at least not that I know of) so it's perfectly safe.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
air2004 said:
The thing is I never played any games that I have downloaded on live , thats why I don't know why they would banned me

Did you play the game offline and then go on-line with the same profile?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
air2004 said:
The thing is I never played any games that I have downloaded on live , thats why I don't know why they would banned me
You can play games that are pirated online so long as the discs are made properly, even if it is a pre-released game. If you don't set it up right, you get banned from Live, though I am pretty sure they console ban you if you play a pirated game that raises a red flag. But a rule of thumb is not to play a game over Live that hasn't been released yet, otherwise they ban your ass for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu