Gaming I need a list of good low end pc games for a low end pc get together.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so far for my list i have a few games, note I need them to work on linux(wine) and windows.
  • Doom
  • Quake
  • Sven Coop/ Half Life 1
  • GTA1
  • Emulators
  • Halo Custom Edition/Combat Evolved
  • Warcraft 3
  • Age of Empires 2
  • Portal 2
That is currently all I own. anyone have any other good games I can add to the list? preferably free, should have a networking mode.

Last edited by Tizm,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so far for my list i have a few games, note I need them to work on linux(wine) and windows.
  • Doom
  • Quake
  • Sven Coop/ Half Life 1
  • GTA1
  • Emulators
  • Halo Custom Edition/Combat Evolved
  • Warcraft 3
  • Age of Empires 2
That is currently all I own. anyone have any other good games I can add to the list? preferably free, should have a networking mode.
If you like AoE2 then I would add Rise of Nations to the list as well. It's basically AoE2.5.
Also, Heroes of Might and Magic III.

I think that if you haven't played Portal 2 coop yet, you may be able to run that decently on low specs. Coop in that game is a blast.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How "low spec" are we talking here, exactly? What specs do you have to play with?

If you like RPGs, Diablo 1 and 2 are a pretty obvious choice, as well as the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games.

Shooters, there are a fair bit. Counter Strike 1.6 would be your best bet, but depending on your specs you might get away with Counter Strike Source. Call of Duty 1 and 2 may also be possible, so would Medal of Honor: AA if you can run CoD 1. Same with Battlefield 1942, if you can run CoD1 you can run that. The Unreal Tournament games should run on most garbage tier specs, I think UT2004 (my personal favorite) will run on like a P3 and virtually any GPU. Rainbow Six 1 runs on virtually anything these days, too.

Worms Armageddon/Worms World Party will run on pretty much anything, both are quite good.

Reactions: Minox

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How "low spec" are we talking here, exactly? What specs do you have to play with?

If you like RPGs, Diablo 1 and 2 are a pretty obvious choice, as well as the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games.

Shooters, there are a fair bit. Counter Strike 1.6 would be your best bet, but depending on your specs you might get away with Counter Strike Source. Call of Duty 1 and 2 may also be possible, so would Medal of Honor: AA if you can run CoD 1. Same with Battlefield 1942, if you can run CoD1 you can run that. The Unreal Tournament games should run on most garbage tier specs, I think UT2004 (my personal favorite) will run on like a P3 and virtually any GPU. Rainbow Six 1 runs on virtually anything these days, too.

Worms Armageddon/Worms World Party will run on pretty much anything, both are quite good.
low spec as in baytrail atom and baytrail celeron. I should also note i only have 64gb of storage while his chromebook running linux has i believe 16 gbs, so i will have to have everything/most things run off usb if that matters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you like AoE2 then I would add Rise of Nations to the list as well. It's basically AoE2.5.
Also, Heroes of Might and Magic III.

I think that if you haven't played Portal 2 coop yet, you may be able to run that decently on low specs. Coop in that game is a blast.
I own portal 2 on steam, but can i play co-op via lan? if so i will need to find a linux crack.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some really good old unreal tournament games you should be able to run atleast 2 of them I'd say

D

Deleted User

Fallout 1 and 2 are phenomenal games that will run on anything, great for the rpg fan.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
low spec as in baytrail atom and baytrail celeron. I should also note i only have 64gb of storage while his chromebook running linux has i believe 16 gbs, so i will have to have everything/most things run off usb if that matters.
That's not exactly super helpful, knowing the actual CPUs would be nice since Baytrail's HD graphics performance can vary greatly depending on CPU, going from an Atom SoC to a Celeron could result in huge performance changes.

Regarding running from USB, it probably will impact loading speeds, but other than that shouldn't be a problem. I probably would suggest using an actual HDD, and not a USB flash drive, purely for stability concerns but either should realistically work ok.

I think everything I listed would still run pretty well on even a low spec Atom SoC, though, except for CoD 2. Most Source games would probably even run on an Atom SoC, so long as everything is set to low and you play at a super low res (like 800x600).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I own portal 2 on steam, but can i play co-op via lan? if so i will need to find a linux crack.
I don't have it installed so I can't check, but being on the Source engine I would assume that LAN play would be supported.
There is also a 4 player mod that gives each person just one portal, so in theory all of those coop levels could be played just as well with 4 players.
It's worth noting that Portal 2 is a pretty good looking game considering how low end hardware it will run on. It probably helps that the level design is simple with mostly static objects and straight edges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1