Hacking I put EZFlash Junior Kernel 1.04e and updated to firmware FW4, but gameboy pocket does not boot.

sonyoungjun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Before the firmware update, it worked well on the Game Boy Pocket.
However, after installing the 1.04e kernel and updating the FW4 firmware, the Game Boy Pocket does not work.
In the Game Boy Advance SP, the ex flash jr with the 1.04 kernel and the FW4 firmware update runs well, but why does it suddenly not work in the Game Boy Pocket?

The Nintendo logo appears, the Ezflash logo appears, then the Nintendo logo appears, the Ezflash logo appears, then the Nintendo logo again...
It's doing that with the screen blurring repeatedly like this.
Please tell me the solution!

Check out the attached video.
It works on GBA SP.
However, in GBP you can see repetition.

The same goes for putting in new batteries.

Attachments

• VID_20230218_000852.mp4
    14.9 MB

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remember that a fw5 been uploaded to apparently fix some Analogue Pocket bugs
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-junior-testflight.558875/page-55#post-9638149

It could fix some stuff for the GameBoy Pocket in the same time (not sure), but remember that many users bricked their EZFlash Junior by upgrading to FW5
So you can do the update with fingers crossed that it will fix the problem, but also cross them to don't brick your EZFlash JR (I personally stay on FW4 for now)

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not FW5. It's FW4! I updated to FW4, but it doesn't work. Even if you check the information, it is FW4.
Sure I understood, that I said is you're currently FW4, and a FW5 update might resolve the issue... but that's accompagned by the risks of bricking the flashcard

You're free to take the risk or not, and this could or couldn't fix your issue
(but I don't see what else you could do since problem seems to come from your actual FW4... for me that's the only probable solution)

sonyoungjun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Sure I understood, that I said is you're currently FW4, and a FW5 update might resolve the issue... but that's accompagned by the risks of bricking the flashcard

You're free to take the risk or not, and this could or couldn't fix your issue
(but I don't see what else you could do since problem seems to come from your actual FW4... for me that's the only probable solution)
It is said that the FW5 update cannot be updated because it has been deleted from the official site. Should I wait for a new firmware update?

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could also try to downgrade to a lower FW than <FW4, but I'm not sure that's recommended or possible to do this (since I've never tried)
Post automatically merged:

It is said that the FW5 update cannot be updated because it has been deleted from the official site. Should I wait for a new firmware update?
I've posted a link above where @EZ-Flash2 posted the latest FW5 archive (he only removed it from the public website pages)

But like said multiple times people says upgrading to FW5 is risky... so sadly if the update fails you brick the flashcard :/
(and sure this isn't possible to know if the update will success or fail before trying, this is different for everyone)

sonyoungjun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You could also try to downgrade to a lower FW than <FW4, but I'm not sure that's recommended or possible to do this (since I've never tried)
Post automatically merged:

I've posted a link above where @EZ-Flash2 posted the latest FW5 archive (he only removed it from the public website pages)

But like said multiple times people says upgrading to FW5 is risky... so sadly if the update fails you brick the flashcard :/
yes. I'll have to try downgrading.

sonyoungjun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Be carefull since I'm not sure that's possible or recommended, but yes if that's possible this is one of the best things you can do
Tried downgrading.
I tried downgrading fw2, but it's still the nintendo logo repeat.
I don't know where fw1.

(I tested it on the Game Boy large size.
In the state of fw4, it runs well in Game Boy large size.
However, on the Game Boy Pocket, the power is low, so it's a Nintendo logo repeat.)

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried downgrading.
I tried downgrading fw2, but it's still the nintendo logo repeat.
I don't know where fw1.

(I tested it on the Game Boy large size.
In the state of fw4, it runs well in Game Boy large size.
However, on the Game Boy Pocket, the power is low, so it's a Nintendo logo repeat.)
I've personally updated to FW5 K1.05 (link I've shared above) recently, and it worked very well !
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-junior-update-questions-for-noob.623008/#post-10077487

If you feel ready to try FW5, take the best GameBoy you own, then perform the update :P
(or maybe you was on FW3 before updating to FW4 ? Anyway I don't think downgrading to FW1 is a good idea)

Please note I've used a GBA SP with luminosity set to 1, be careful with the console you use to update since not enough power could lead to an aborted flash then a firmware corruption :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: