Hardware I somehow got my hands on a EDEV Switch unit... What to do with it?

D

Deleted-452294

You seriously need to look up information. fail0verfl0w's switch-linux was first and Shiny went on to use their code because it was open-sourced.

My point is, is that he is not going to make open-sourced projects with the EDEV if he had it. I don't know why you're obstinate.
I might have got my timeline wrong, sure. He still contributed to libnx, Yuzu, and even made his Joy-Con driver for Linux public and open-source.
And why wouldn't he ? I don't see any relevancy between your "proofs" and your point. I am obstinate because I firmly am against misinformation and the spread of it.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have got my timeline wrong, sure. He still contributed to libnx, Yuzu, and even made his Joy-Con driver for Linux public and open-source.
And why wouldn't he ? I don't see any relevancy between your "proofs" and your point. I am obstinate because I firmly am against misinformation and the spread of it.

Ok, you do you, don't know why you would make such a big deal out of this in the first place...

D

Deleted-452294

Ok, you do you, don't know why you would make such a big deal out of this in the first place...
Simply trying to understand your reaction. Why would it be bad if he had an EDEV ?
ReSwitched is known to have an EDEV (see SwitchBrew edits), yet they haven't shared any of their work for it, or any of the data on it. It's even barely documented. How is that any better ?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Some news website linked here. The posts by the OP are trashed too.

From https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/22/1...hack-super-mario-odyssey-luigis-balloon-world
DevMenu appears to have been leaked to the public after a member of the Switch hacking community purchased a developer kit on eBay. A poster on the Switch Haxing subreddit and GBAtemp forums said they bought a “defective” Switch from a seller, which turned out to be an EDEV unit — a console intended for software developers. The buyer has since deleted their original Reddit post in which they asked what they should do with it; multiple posters suggested sending it or dumping its software data so homebrew developers and hackers could study it. It appears that shortly afterward, a torrent containing the EDEV unit’s data was uploaded to an anonymous storage service.

The DevMenu leak did not come from this person's dump. Someone else extracted files from a leaked SDK+decrypted+shared it.

Last edited by uyjulian,

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the big upping, but I've been working on hekate for dev units, would the OP like to try it?
It maybe won't boot but I hope it does.
EDIT: Retail hekate should work

(btw while I'm here nope DevMenu actually comes from that dump, people recovered it using TestDisk on it as the NCA was deleted :P)

Last edited by thomasnet,
D

Deleted User

Sorry for the big upping, but I've been working on hekate for dev units, would the OP like to try it?
https://github.com/thomasnet-mc/hekate
In hekate-ipl.ini just set
Code:
[Stock]
dev=1
Would you like a premade build?

(btw while I'm here nope DevMenu actually comes from that dump, people recovered it using TestDisk on it as the NCA was deleted :P)
OP sent the system to a dev (Shiny Quagsire I believe) and then promptly disappeared from the internet.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/thomasnet-mc/hekate
In hekate-ipl.ini just set
Code:
[Stock]
dev=1
Would you like a premade build?

Do you have a source on how they recovered it?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain how exactly you use testdisk to recover the DevMenu from a NAND dump? (Asking because I would like to see what other deleted files might remain)
I already tried using some things on it, there’s some NCAs with the title ids of Splatoon 2, Nintendo Labo Variety Pack, Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Devmenu, a browser for 3.X, and some other game that I don’t remember the name of. Most of them seem corrupt in some way or are missing title keys, but one of the LABO ones is in perfect condition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY