I want to get taller

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Asians are always short. That's life for ya.
Not sure where you got that from, in the UK there are a fair amount of Asians now. About half of my school is Asian, other half is white (with a few black and Chinese people), and it's an even mix of heights. Asians definitely aren't shorter.

And I'm about 5'6", so pretty short for 16. I honestly can't see why you need to get taller. The sooner you stop worrying about how you look, and just live life as who you are, the sooner you'll be happy. Trust me on that one
wink.gif

I LOL'd. A few chinese people. Is chinese no longer asian?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to accept the way you are, and do the best with what you've got.
It will make you a lot more satisfied with your life.

Some people are tall, but it doesn't make them more attractive (imo, i know some retards think this) or better people.
In some sports yes it gives them an advantage, but thats about all i can see in it (doesn't sound like you're an elite high jumper)

I really hate it when people view height as a measure of attractiveness. (not to say that tall people are unattractive).
The truth is, attractiveness is ALWAYS judged on an individual basis, and to me a better face is more important than a few centimeters.

5'6" or 5'7" is a great height for girls.
Small girls are cuter and I wouldn't want my girl to be taller than me, after all i'm only about 5'10 and 18, so i'm average or very slightly below avg.

jgu1994 said:
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Asians are always short. That's life for ya.
Not sure where you got that from, in the UK there are a fair amount of Asians now. About half of my school is Asian, other half is white (with a few black and Chinese people), and it's an even mix of heights. Asians definitely aren't shorter.

And I'm about 5'6", so pretty short for 16. I honestly can't see why you need to get taller. The sooner you stop worrying about how you look, and just live life as who you are, the sooner you'll be happy. Trust me on that one
wink.gif

I LOL'd. A few chinese people. Is chinese no longer asian?
And are chinese and black people the same? LOL

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OSW: I guess...I'll just see how tall I can get before I hit 19, and I'm not one of those athletic people, I'm more of the intellectual type anyway, 2 years ahead of everyone else, heehee.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
OSW: I guess...I'll just see how tall I can get before I hit 19, and I'm not one of those athletic people, I'm more of the intellectual type anyway, 2 years ahead of everyone else, heehee.

Do you slouch when you stand?

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Mei-o said:

Yes, my mom told me that I should improve my posture and there, I'm trying to improve it now, but for some reason, I'm just not comfy with it and I end up leaning forward a bit again.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
TrolleyDave said:
Mei-o said:

Yes, my mom told me that I should improve my posture and there, I'm trying to improve it now, but for some reason, I'm just not comfy with it and I end up leaning forward a bit again.

I'm a sloucher as well, it'll knock an inch or two off your height. Not so bad for me as I'm 6 foot but if you're not tall already it'll affect your height. Do some sit-ups and push-ups every day to strengthen your lower back, it'll add the height back on. It's only got to be 20 or 30 a day until you're standing straight again. Another good exercise for it is head/handstands.

I wouldn't worry too much about height. The bigger you are the more people with insecurity complexes want to fight with you, in my experience anyway!

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mei-o... i dunno if its my growth spurt, but I was sick two weeks ago and slept for a whole day.

And I grew about 2 to 2.5 inches. :wtf:

I heard that the more you sleep, the taller you grow because gravity does something weird to your height when you're lying horizontally. Try it!

Also... you are a guy right?

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I try to sleep as much as possible actually, to be honest I drink 2 glasses of milk before I sleep and after I wake up.

Uh, yeah, why? What kind of girl posts lolis all across the forums?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
I'll try that! My stamina is horrible though, since I haven't exercised much since a week ago after 2 years.

Wait a sec...wouldn't sit-ups make me slouch even more?

Stamina builds up pretty quickly. If you're not used to doing them and get tired before reaching 20 or 30 just push yourself til you literally can do no more, if you can even do half of one then do it. Your stamina will build up pretty quickly.

Proper sit-ups won't make you slouch more, only those useless trendy ab-crunching sit-ups will. Do the kind where you get someone to hold your feet down on the floor and bring your chest right up to your knees. It'll be hard going at first but you'll soon feel the benefits of it.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for that! I'll try it out as soon as possible! Just being on GBATemp makes me slouch though.

Moo: I usually sleep at 11 or 12(much later if insomnia hits) and I wake up usually at 8-8:30, I also sleep in the afternoon for an hour or so.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Slouching when you sit will disappear when your back's stronger. My slouch is a good old fashioned street urchin slouch, I doubt that's what yours is so working out a little everyday should stop it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, my slouch is very different to that. My head hangs forward and my shoulders are dropped but my back is straight. Working out will definitely fix that. I'm guessing you're also not very outgoing and stuff?

edit : I can't find any pictures that show a good example of my slouch, but if you've ever seen how Robert De Niro stands it's something similar to that.

edit2 : Actually a better example is the lead singer of Oasis, I stand alot like him. But I actually know how to walk properly, unlike that spastic.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
I'm guessing you're also not very outgoing and stuff?
Nope, I only go out when I need to buy something at the mall, but usually I ask the maids to buy it if it's just something small and quick, I also only go out to go to church, so yeah, I just read, study and use the computer or my DS everyday in the comforts of my room, I have my own bathroom and walk-in closet anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?