TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
TrolleyDave said:
I'm guessing you're also not very outgoing and stuff?
Nope, I only go out when I need to buy something at the mall, but usually I ask the maids to buy it if it's just something small and quick, I also only go out to go to church, so yeah, I just read, study and use the computer or my DS everyday in the comforts of my room, I have my own bathroom and walk-in closet anyway.

I know this will sound strange but it affects how you stand. The more outgoing and confident you are the taller you'll stand, sounds corny but it's true. That stance is the "Don't bug me, I just wanna be left alone" stance. You need the "In your face" stance!

Are you able to join a martial arts/boxing club?

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:wtf: You have maids? Instead of getting your maids to do stuff, you should get out and get some fresh air once in a while. Doing sit-ups may help you a little, but if you do sit-ups and jog and stretch outside, you'll get taller for sure.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was active back then, I learned karate, aikido and taekwondo up to black belt, but I stopped being active after I got home schooled for 2 years in high school.

Moo: Yeah, anything wrong with it? We've had our share of crazy employees, two were secretly lesbian, 1 was a gambler, 1 was secretly foul-mouthed, 1 was a chain-smoker and 1 broke our water pump. The weather here sucks so I don't like going outside.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mei-o said:
I was active back then, I learned karate, aikido and taekwondo up to black belt, but I stopped being active after I got home schooled for 2 years in high school.

That's pretty harsh. It sounds like being home schooled has affected your confidence without you realizing it too much. Do your Aikido stretching and breathing exercises again regularly, it'll help with your posture and confidence. If you can't be bothered just force yourself to, eventually you'll start looking forward to it. Start going out more as well. Honestly, that slouch is caused more by a lack of confidence then anything else. It's one of the signs shady people look for when looking for a mark.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of those stuff were partly my choice, I got bullied so much when I was younger so both me and my parents wanted me to learn martial arts, and after that I guess I started beating people up the moment they tried something funny...school was too slow for me, so me and my folks agreed that I'm going to be home schooled, I don't think it affected my confidence though, I think I'm more confident than ever(I was a very shy kid until 4th grade), I just probably got used to slouching when reading for 2-3 hours straight for 2 years or so.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel bad for you having been bullied. It never really happened to me except the odd one or two who tried to push their luck. Bullies are proper scum. It's good that you started slapping them though. There's nothing wrong with adopting a slap first ask questions later attitude, the way I've always looked at things is that if that person hadn't have given you grief they wouldn't have got a slap.

The reading thing could explain your slouch. If it is caused by it then exercise will definitely sort it out. I know once you've got used to being lazy it's hard to get back into the swing of exercising, it's just a case of having to grin and bear it until it becomes routine.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I probably got bullied maybe because, I dunno, they say I look like a girl(I won't post pics though, not the type of person), even now, some people call me 'miss' in restos or stores, I don't think I look very feminine though...well...I guess I don't feel like elaborating on that since it kind of sucks, with everyone staring whenever I use the comfort room in a mall and stuff, people always gave a second look, but I won't hesitate to give a beating if they tried something bad, hahahahaha.

Yeah, hahaha, I think I got really used to being lazy, well, I'm off, I'll go do some sit-ups or something before eating lunch(lol4pmlunch), thanks for the advice everyone!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
:wtf: Mei-O, I slouch as bad as L, which means maybe we're the same?
tongue.gif

Last year I'm 187cm, around September or so, after a year though, IDK, maybe 191cm? How tall is that? (in ft I mean) And I'm still 17, well in 3 months I'm 18
tongue.gif

LoL with this height, in my hometown, almost everywhere I'm the tallest, in mall, in stores, sometimes I can just see past people's head

Note: It surprises me that L actually slouch like me, even the posture (the position of the hands, the back, the face, almost everything) is so identical to how I walk, maybe it's far too bad? I can feel my height increase about 1 inch or so when I try to stand straight

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
:wtf: Mei-O, I slouch as bad as L, which means maybe we're the same?
tongue.gif

Last year I'm 187cm, around September or so, after a year though, IDK, maybe 191cm? How tall is that? (in ft I mean) And I'm still 17, well in 3 months I'm 18
tongue.gif

LoL with this height, in my hometown, almost everywhere I'm the tallest, in mall, in stores, sometimes I can just see past people's head

Note: It surprises me that L actually slouch like me, even the posture (the position of the hands, the back, the face, almost everything) is so identical to how I walk, maybe it's far too bad? I can feel my height increase about 1 inch or so when I try to stand straight

You're quite tall. You're at least 6" or 6"1.. I think. I'm average around where I live. I'm 5"9.5 or 5"10. That's about 177-179cm. Somewhere around that.

Anyways, I don't know if milk actually helps. It helps strengthen bones for sure, but not sure about growing it. I hardly drank milk as a teeenager because I didn't really like it and I'm taller than most of my friends. It's a mix of genetics as well.. so if your parents are short, chances of you becoming much taller than your parents is quite rare since you can't have a gigantic growth spurt out of no where.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz: Yeah, my posture and the way I walk is pretty much the same too, I guess it's pretty bad...

Anakir: I dunno, a lot of the taller people I know drank a lot of milk...

Ugh, more people taller than I am...>.>

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Milk actually helps, I used to drink milk 3 times a day, and sometimes, additional 2 times when I have nothing to do
tongue.gif
I used to be a milk lover, I can drink up a 1.5L bottle in a day, plus the regular 3 times a day
tongue.gif
. They say milk provides your bones just the calcium it needs, so it can keep growing without being halted. Also, drink milk before you go to sleep, it works the best when you're sleeping (an ad tell me that, a milk ad)

People often ask me whether do I play basketball or not, since I'm so tall lol, maybe basketball can help you. Actually, what helps in basketball is the fact you're jumping a lot, I used to jump all the time, so maybe that's why my growth is, well, over the average
ninja.gif

My parents are shorter than me. Actually, I'm the tallest people in my entire family, and that's saying something. I'm taller than my grandparents, both from my mother and father side. I'm taller than my cousins, all of them, both from my mother and father side. I'm also taller than my sisters, and I'm taller than all my aunts and uncles.

So, from my experience:
Drink milk regularly
Jump all the time
laugh.gif

Just forget about genes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof