I want to sabotage my TV

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
Or, you could take some rare Neodymium magnets (found in old hard drives), and just place it on the glass/screen. They are really powerful, two of them together is like steel!

Or, rig up a electrical plug, that plugs into the video/audio in, and watch it blow.
smile.gif

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open it up and stick a neodynium magnet over the plates that direct the electron beam. (the thinner part of the tube just after the electron gun itself)

If you have a strong enough one it will work from outside the tv as was suggested before, makes the screen colors go all funky
wink.gif

EDIT
Do be careful the insides of a tv carry very high voltages and just cuz it's off doesn't mean you won't get a big shock

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
rhyguy said:
QUOTE said:
Break the plug and say it must of been a rodent.

do that, except rip the cable with your teeth, or a jagged knife

Yeah just make sure when you're biting the cord, you DON'T do it while its plug into an electrical source. I did that one time when I was young and I saw too many things that day
wacko.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tell your wife who the boss is. You.

"go fix me a turkey pot pie... etc"

treat em mean, keep em keen.
ph34r.gif

edit: this is a joke. i have the utmost respect for women & my girlfriend rules over me with an iron fist.

CRXsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew I came to the right place. I'm really liking the magnet idea. Easy, safe and effective.

The paint on the prongs is also genious. The ape suit is really my preference, but the dogs might have the suit torn off before he makes it to the tv.

And to be fair, my wife is being reasonable, I just am not a patient man. Me want tv now!

Captin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Come man whats wrong with you. Grow a pair and tell her you want a new TV now.

Or do what I do and wait till she notices the new one I bought, then explain you got it from a bloke in the pub (or bar) and you cant take it back.

CRXsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captin said:

Or do what I do and wait till she notices the new one I bought, then explain you got it from a bloke in the pub (or bar) and you cant take it back.

Growing a pair and wearing pants are unrealistic...every man gives up both at the marriage alter. Plus I'd feel guilty every time I watch it. The fight that would ensue after walking in with my new TV isn't really worth the effort...hence this whole topic.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CRXsi said:
Captin said:

Growing a pair and wearing pants are unrealistic...every man gives up both at the marriage alter. Plus I'd feel guilty every time I watch it. The fight that would ensue after walking in with my new TV isn't really worth the effort...hence this whole topic.

(bolded info)
Very very true. On the upside, i married a geek chick, so there's a lot i can get away with
smile.gif
She also folds under the "puppy-dog eyed disappointment" look. I only learned about that shortly after our honeymoon when i wanted to get a 360. We were standing in the store, and we didn't think it would work out for me to get it, and, for the first time in my life, i had the puppy-dog look going, because i WAS disappointed that i couldn't get it, and she insisted we did. And now i just finished playing Mirror's Edge a year later and its fantastic
smile.gif
The End.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 32" LCD Toshiba from Crutchfield for $499 with free shipping and no tax. Just be a man and exert your manliness. I asked my wife if I could buy the TV before I bought it, but I know that she knows I would have bought it regardless of whether or not she answered yes. It's just a heads up really. A courtesy call. Hell, I make the money in my household. She's my financial advisor, but she never loses sight of the fact that I have to go to work in the morning. If she made all the buying decisions, I would not have an Xbox 360, Wii, etc. Sometimes, you just have to do YOU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knew that scientist was up to no good....